LED rear tail/brake light bulbs

General Bike chat
bazzashadow

LED rear tail/brake light bulbs

Post by bazzashadow »

Has anyone got LED rear tail light bulbs and if so what ones and are they any good?
Thanks
fatfreddy000

Re: LED rear tail/brake light bulbs

Post by fatfreddy000 »

I bought a cheap eBay pair but they are pretty unmpressiv and dull.
Im gonna reinvest in a set of high lumin ones. Probably made by Cree or another well known brand..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
AlanS

Post by AlanS »

I bought two replacements for the stock, incandescent bulbs. Got them at Autozone (chain auto parts outfit) for 20 bucks for the pair. They are bright, at least as bright as the stock bulbs, and perhaps brighter. They are far superior to the LED taillight assembly I purchased on eBay. That was very wimpy if you got off-angle, to either side, during the day.

Verify the part number. I looked at a lot of stuff, and it's been a few months. But this is the type, and I BELIEVE this is the part number--7443R--as well. Note that they're red. It seems that red bulbs, with a red lens, are brighter than white through a red lens. Something about filtering and changing the white light to more of an orange as it passes through the red plastic...

http://www.autozone.com/electrical-and- ... 357_0_1556

Alan
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AlanS wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:54 am I bought two replacements for the stock, incandescent bulbs. Got them at Autozone (chain auto parts outfit) for 20 bucks for the pair. They are bright, at least as bright as the stock bulbs, and perhaps brighter. They are far superior to the LED taillight assembly I purchased on eBay. That was very wimpy if you got off-angle, to either side, during the day.

Verify the part number. I looked at a lot of stuff, and it's been a few months. But this is the type, and I BELIEVE this is the part number--7443R--as well. Note that they're red. It seems that red bulbs, with a red lens, are brighter than white through a red lens. Something about filtering and changing the white light to more of an orange as it passes through the red plastic...

http://www.autozone.com/electrical-and- ... 357_0_1556

Alan
Now that is interesting.
I bought two RED LED bulbs for my Firestorm and was intending to get a pair of white replacements due to me stupidly forgetting the normal bulbs light up the numberplate as well. May be I should keep the red LED's and fit separate LED lights to illuminate the numberplate as they are not expensive, and cover the clear outlet on the bottom of the rear light lense instead,

Chris.
AlanS

Post by AlanS »

Chris, I'm just repeating what I read online. I don't understand the physics. But it sounds good. LOL.

Alan
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

AlanS wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:34 am Chris, I'm just repeating what I read online. I don't understand the physics. But it sounds good. LOL.

Alan
So after reading your post this morning I spent a few hours researching light waves, colors absorption, why we "see" light or colors and ,,,,,,,,,,Im still not really clear on it, but found a lot of info that suggests the red though red is likely transmitting more visible light. Very cool, learned something new...

Anyone want to buy some used white LED taillight bulbs???? LOL :lol:
Post event services

Total Rider
And advanced Rider training
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AlanS wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:34 am Chris, I'm just repeating what I read online. I don't understand the physics. But it sounds good. LOL.

Alan
:lol:
I did the same as E.Marquez had a look for myself. There appears to be something in it as Eric points out.

**EDIT**
I'm back again. I just found this from https://www.superbrightleds.com/carbulb_notes.php

Chris.
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

SYLVANIA 7443R ZEVO LED Mini Bulb
Is the brightest LED from a standard bulb supplier I have found
Post event services

Total Rider