Some pics from the Saturday at Brands Hatch

General Bike chat
MacV2

Some pics from the Saturday at Brands Hatch

Post by MacV2 »

So spent the day down at Brands hanging around in the pits mostly, with Popkat. Qualiy in the morn & the racing after lunch.

Malcs mighty XJ600

Blury action shots of Poppers in action proving even at 50 he can still squeez into his leathers...
Despite stuffing his face with the birthday doughnuts I brought him... :lol:

In the same garage was a dude with a fantasticly large wallet as all the following bikes were his... 8O

These & the other 3 he had were there to parade.
So the bikes were getting started & taken for noise testing...
The Petronas ex WSBK not a road one...was so fekin loud... :thumbup:

Meanwhile else where in the pitlane...

Sadly the days racing was cut short due to a fatal accident at Clearways.

http://www.crmc.co.uk/news-blog/rip-fra ... ndolences/

So a sad end to the day...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Re: Some pics from the Saturday at Brands Hatch

Post by tony.mon »

Loud?
If your neighbours complain about your Storm on straight-through cans, buy a Foggy Petronas and they'll be begging you to run the Storm instead.
Bit smoky on startup, though.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:21 pm Loud?
If your neighbours complain about your Storm on straight-through cans, buy a Foggy Petronas and they'll be begging you to run the Storm instead.
Bit smoky on startup, though.
Pardon ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

Some really special bikes, and the Petronas must be one of the loudest bikes I've ever heard close up, it was a nice loud though :lol:

Saturday was a very sad day in the end as a friend, fellow competitor and garage mate for the weekend passed away after an accident. RIP Fran :(

They decided to continue to run the meeting on Sunday and I went out on the old XJ600 first, I haven't raced it since 2012, it's just sat collecting dust in my workshop, took a bit of work to get it ready and did 3 sessions testing on it on Friday afternoon.. they put me 40th (last) on the grip, they'd even run out of row numbers by that point :o first lap on track we all stopped where Fran had her accident and had a minutes silence.. Emotional :( Once the race got underway I had a bit of fun, I passed 12 bikes on the first lap and worked my way up to 20th in the end. I had the corner speed to make more places but was thwarted by the faster FZ600's.. need to be more aggressive, I'm out of practice. not bad for an old boy though :wink:

Next I was out on the VFR750 in the King of Brands trophy race, this is a qualify race where all bikes regardless of class can enter. I didn't qualify very well, don't know why just didn't feel it early Sat morning, ended up 26th on the grid.. I had a really good race though and got through to 11th in the end which I'm well pleased with, I was 3rd 750 the other 2 were 9th and 10th, they started closer to the front but don't think I would have got them anyway, places above that were all proper purpose built race bikes, TZ's, XR reps etc.

After this there were more accidents, at paddock this time, unfortunately a couple of ambulances had to leave the circuit with patients and doctors needed to be with them.. Hoping the riders all make a full recovery.... Because of this there were not enough doctors at the circuit to continue racing so the weekend was canned. I still had 2 races to go but I'm not bothered, I had a lot of track time and some fun too.

All in a very mixed weekend. I'm glad I celebrated my birthday the weekend before (due to being away from home on the day).

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

looks like some serious bikes at those meetings..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for posting the photo's Mac.

Sorry to hear about what happened, RIP Fran.

Malc you didn't do so bad in some of the races by the sounds of it,

Chris.