recent mileage

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

recent mileage

Post by agentpineapple »

in the last 6 weeks I've clocked 1905 miles........ :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
that's just shy of riding from my home to Chernobyl in the Ukraine.... :lol:
that's a little under 10% of the total mileage the bikes done.
east coast of Spain to Bilbao. Portsmouth to Southampton, then to London, followed by a trip to Leicester, and then the 20th anni meet, back to London, then to Folkestone. finally Calais south through France and back home to Spain. plus a 200 mile ride last Sunday. :crazy: tbh all that mileage was covered in just 8 days, but those 8 days were spread over 6 weeks.
and soon my bike will going past the dreaded 30k, I say this, as whenever I look at bike prices, the 30k mark is where people start to perceive a bike as high mileage.
I still love the bike, and after doing that recent mileage i'm closer than I've ever been to it. plus it didn't miss a beat the whole time (even tho it head butted the tarmac in Folkestone :( ).... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Re: recent mileage

Post by VTRDark »

Stop looking at the mileage. Reset it zero and don't worry about it. What do you reckon a courier covers in 8 weeks.....just to put things into perspective :biggrin
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv taken to enjoying watching the miles rack up on mine, as you say you kinda get fonder of them for doing it without hassle :D .
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm Stop looking at the mileage. Reset it zero and don't worry about it. What do you reckon a courier covers in 8 weeks.....just to put things into perspective :biggrin
but i'm not a courier, I ride purely for fun. my bikes 14yrs old, but was probably designed back in 95/96. and barring a tiny oil leak it covered the mileage without incident. I think that's impressive.
erm how many miles have you covered in the last 6 weeks carlos............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

About 8-10 miles a day on my feet. :lol: :lol: The point is that as long as it maintained then mileage is not so much an issue. Think of it this way then, the engine is good for say 100,000 so at 30,000 it's coming from being a teenager and in it's prime.
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am About 8-10 miles a day on my feet. :lol: :lol: The point is that as long as it maintained then mileage is not so much an issue. Think of it this way then, the engine is good for say 100,000 so at 30,000 it's coming from being a teenager and in it's prime.
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
podman

Post by podman »

VTRDark wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:40 am About 8-10 miles a day on my feet. :lol: :lol: The point is that as long as it maintained then mileage is not so much an issue. Think of it this way then, the engine is good for say 100,000 so at 30,000 it's coming from being a teenager and in it's prime.
I think most jap bikes have the same durability engine wise now with regular servicing its just the chassis/suspension that tends to get neglected and you only tend to notice how saggy/bad that has become when you try a fresher model or a newer bike..
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I have to agree Mr pod, as far as 90's and onwards Jap engines are pretty robust. Full credit goes to my bike, it's was very probably overload with luggage before my lard butt even sat on it, yet it didn't grumble and it just ate up the mileage.
You'll have come visit in Spain Mr pod :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!