Legit or dodgy?

General Bike chat
AndyEames

Legit or dodgy?

Post by AndyEames »

Hi guys, just wondering if anybody has had any dealing with mfs-motor.com? they have fairing kits for the storm but dont really know if they would be good quality. Im in the process of restoring and need a right hand side fairing, before i get it painted. But these guys are offering a full kit for £382 or a side fairing for £145

Any help would be magic!

Cheers Andy.
agentpineapple

Re: Legit or dodgy?

Post by agentpineapple »

always worth giving david silvers a call, I've managed to buy some very reasonably priced fairing panels from them in the past, it all depends what they have in stock, and some colours cost more than offers.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Guangzhou Chinese made been around since about 2013 (or at least their website was first registered then) - check that it has compatible healdlight brass insert mounts moulded into the fairing.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

I had a look on david silver online and saw nowt. But never thought of ringing so ill give that a try. I mean for just a side panel you would think it would be fairly straight forward.

Just thought if the whole kit was decent it would be better than getting a side panel and getting the whole lot painted.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AndyEames wrote:I had a look on david silver online and saw nowt. But never thought of ringing so ill give that a try. I mean for just a side panel you would think it would be fairly straight forward.

Just thought if the whole kit was decent it would be better than getting a side panel and getting the whole lot painted.
a couple of years ago I bought a carbon single seat cowl from a firm in eastern Europe, called sebimoto. they do all sorts of fairings, but I found the quality was very poor. i'd never recommend them.
you could always take a punt of a set of Chinese fairings, a bit hit and miss tho
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

have a look on Plastics works moto site. thats who i got my fairing from for the blue one and they do free shipping and im well pleased with the stuff. well sturdy.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

Ok thanks ill have a look at that site then. No point buying them if theyre crap. Just price really that attracted me. Got to factor in a paint job aswell. That wont be cheap i guess. And no, im not trying it myself!
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

Had a look at that site fabio. Seems they just do the race bodykit. Is that what you bought? If so was it a pain to get the light to fit and the fairing etc??