She's Off!

General Bike chat
Mav617

She's Off!

Post by Mav617 »

Waiting for her new owner to come and collect (long ride back to Hexham, he'll visit every petrol station on the way no doubt!) I'll be sticking around though fellas, you don't get rid of me that easily.

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
KermitLeFrog

Re: She's Off!

Post by KermitLeFrog »

DischevelledAndy is taking a break half-way though and staying with friends tonight. So I'll not see the Teal beauty until tomorrow at the earliest. He's totally stoked and rabbiting on about all the wonderful things he's going to do with it. Another case of stormitis I think. I'll be warming up my spanners to assist...

Mav, remind me what the list should be.

CCTs is the only urgent thing I believe.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

CCTs, I have thrown in a set of manuals I bought but never got round to fitting. New rear wavy disc to fit too. Beef up the front forks with different oil or get them rogered, maybe change rear shock.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Mav617 wrote:CCTs, I have thrown in a set of manuals I bought but never got round to fitting. New rear wavy disc to fit too. Beef up the front forks with different oil or get them rogered, maybe change rear shock.
Super, all easily done.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mav617 wrote:CCTs, I have thrown in a set of manuals I bought but never got round to fitting. New rear wavy disc to fit too. Beef up the front forks with different oil or get them rogered, maybe change rear shock.
Unbeef forks with 7.5 weight oil and 140 or 135 airgap is better so they don't bottom out over bumps while braking.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

somebody got themselves a steal, will we be seeing it in Scotland?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

fabiostar wrote:somebody got themselves a steal, will we be seeing it in Scotland?
I'm fairly sure you will.