radiators..

General Bike chat
fatfreddy000

radiators..

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Yet more questions. Just been out for a run to test bike after numerous jobs. Much improved. The bloody forks though bottom out on the smallest speed bump and clunk- awful, cant wait to get them sorted.
Anyway when I pulled up and shut off engine I noticed the fan was going so had a look behind the radiators to check it out.. There's only one! I rekckon there should be one for each radiator but thought I'd check here first before making that assumption?
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
KermitLeFrog

Re: radiators..

Post by KermitLeFrog »

There is only one, on the right hand side. VTRs can run a bit hot around town but the single fan is very efficient and keeps things under control.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:There is only one, on the right hand side. VTRs can run a bit hot around town but the single fan is very efficient and keeps things under control.
Great news mate. That cheered me.
I really don't need any additional expense and time spend on the beast right now.
I am waiting on a workshop manual to be delivered which will put a stop to some of my more simple questions..
Thanks..
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I use a searchable pdf. You can download it from here:

http://www.corbridge-net.co.uk/VTR1000F ... al_OCR.pdf

Also, idle curiosity, that's the kit shown in your avatar?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

When i first got my vtr i was worried about overheating as in heavy traffic the fan kept on cutting in,but i was told by forum members it's natural and worry when it don't cut in.Two years later it still does it especially in hot weather.No worries.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:I use a searchable pdf. You can download it from here:

http://www.corbridge-net.co.uk/VTR1000F ... al_OCR.pdf

Also, idle curiosity, that's the kit shown in your avatar?
That the stator plate of a homebuilt 1 kW wind turbine being assembled.
I will get a picture of the vtr up there when its in a better state..
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you find your bike overheats and the fan runs frequently you can put in a fan on the lh rad as well.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.