Thinking of Selling Custom Vtr *need help to decide*

General Bike chat
Acidicall

Re: Thinking of Selling Custom Vtr *need help to decide*

Post by Acidicall »

Thanks all, this was my first custom job and I learnt a lot from it. I have refurbished a few bikes back to new and I have started work on a zzr project at the moment (kinda being done in background). I am very proud of what I have accomplished with the vtr, which is why I am finding it hard to decide if I should sell it. The money would help go towards the zzr tho.

I'm based in Horsham for those that asked. I still don't know about price yet.
Acidicall

Post by Acidicall »

Right bike is up for sell i cant seem to post a topic in the selling page!! so i will put it here and if admin sees this maybe they can let me know why? maybe i havent posted enough on here to "unlock it" :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/201964680984?

Theres the bike let me know what you think. price is a little high probs but i want to test the water and see what people offer.
Acidicall

Post by Acidicall »

right just read the rules and i have to post 50 times before i can use selling page. So sorry for last post. Admin please delete if goes against rules. I will have to try and get more active on here!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I would fit the missing disk carrier bolt...
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

And line the cans up..
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Acidicall

Post by Acidicall »

When i got the wheels powder coated they snapped a bolt and didnt do a good job to repair. so they left it out and i never got around to fixing it. That was 3 years ago :think:

Yeah i have sorted the cans out. noticed it after i took the pictures.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The paint and polished frame looks nice but the front header is rusty as feck.

Personally not my cup of tea but everyone has different ideas on what looks good. The only obvious improvement is the front end (less a disk bolt).

Overall it looks slapped together, without very much care. Pics would look better taken on a paddock stand. Black is a difficult colour to photograph. Try a fill in flash to take out some of the shadows.

The CCTs look standard (they may not be). What about the RR. Two known problem areas.

Good luck with the sale.
Acidicall

Post by Acidicall »

Yeah its not rust i cleaned it up and painted it Black with high temp paint but cant have been good paint because it turned red after one use!! The RR was taken off a Fazer as the original went couple of years ago. the cct are standard when i was doing the value clearance i took them out and they looked good (i know this doesnt change the fact they can go but they didnt have the wear that some people talk about).

Thanks for having a look kermit and for the comments.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Acidicall wrote:the cct are standard when i was doing the value clearance i took them out and they looked good (i know this doesnt change the fact they can go but they didnt have the wear that some people talk about).
The CCTs don't wear out, they break. Or rather, the spiral spring that moves the plunger breaks. It's not necessarily a major point when selling the bike. Plenty of people are not aware of the problem and some OEM CCTs run for decades without problems. It's just they are known to go at any time and the result is expensive.

Retake the photos. That should really help,

Cheers
Ian
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

glws fella, your asking top money for it, please don't take offence, but for that money it has to be spot on, even the little things, it looks like the end cans are wonky from behind, it may just be the camera angle, but those are the finer details that need to be addressed when asking top money.
sadly when customising anything, they ain't worth the sum of their parts. but once again glws.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

You are up against serious opposition with that immaculate red one for the same money. If I was spending top money,I'm sorry to say that I'd go for the red one. Anyway good luck with the sale.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Acidicall

Post by Acidicall »

Yeah i know the price is too much, im just seeing what people offer me. i dont intend to sell first time just see if there is any interest and if so for how much people are willing to pay. Then will relist at a more appropriate amount. If its not worth alot then i wont bother getting rid of it.

Thanks for noticing all these things tho, it all helps
Snapper

Post by Snapper »

Looking to buy aniversery limeted edition , vtr 1000, how mutch are they going for and are they collectable,, have a example will add photo.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

There is one in ebay. Item nunber 172816583832. Low miles and priced at £4500. However it has been on ebay for at least 7 months. Maybe longer. Collectable? Suppose it is. However it would need to have all the original bits I think. That one does from the look of it.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.