50th anniversary firestorm.

General Bike chat
Bertiew

50th anniversary firestorm.

Post by Bertiew »

Hi sorry it's been a while since I've been on, but I've been stormless :( . I've had chance of a 50th anniversary firestorm but it's sole colour is red. I've tried doing a touch research online but the only red one I can find is this same one. All the others I've found are red and white and numbered 1-50. This red one does have the gold stickers and the half gold wheels but no white bits. Does anyone have any idea will this be a genuine 50th anniversary one or will it just be one that someone has painted and stickerd up.

Thanks Bertiew :cool2
Kev L

Re: 50th anniversary firestorm.

Post by Kev L »

If it's a genuine one which is a little down on its luck it should have the plague on the top yoke stating which number it is in the series. It should have had Harris Rearsets, proflex shock, Remus cans amongst other bits, at least some of which I would expect to see hanging off it, or offered as part of the deal. In the absence of any of this then it's likely to be a copy.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
YETI

Post by YETI »

Hummmmm??? It doesn't sound right to me

YETI..
Bertiew

Post by Bertiew »

Kev L wrote:If it's a genuine one which is a little down on its luck it should have the plague on the top yoke stating which number it is in the series. It should have had Harris Rearsets, proflex shock, Remus cans amongst other bits, at least some of which I would expect to see hanging off it, or offered as part of the deal. In the absence of any of this then it's likely to be a copy.

The rear sets look standard, the cans looking at it in 2011 when I've found it for sale on the net were scorpion but look different now, and the rear shock is a Hagen one. It looks like nothing a genuine one has on it is on this. Still a nice storm though.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

If you're happy with it mate, none of this matters. Just don't pay a premium for something that's not worth it. Good luck. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
macdee

Post by macdee »

Firestorm 50 anniversary with new home
Will find link later

I think this is a link which might help
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Bertiew

Post by Bertiew »

macdee wrote:Firestorm 50 anniversary with new home
Will find link later