"comfort" kit

General Bike chat
Wicky

Re: "comfort" kit

Post by Wicky »

cos it was...

AMCQ46 wrote:Good to hear they have more than met expectations.

But my dumb question is "why do you need a spacer to raise the bars 20mm?"

I tried the same mod 2 years ago but didn't bother with a spacer. I just moved the clamps up 20mm and retightend them and it worked fine
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
podman

Post by podman »

Very useful mate...good work.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Tight fisted fiddler. Yup that's me
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote:Righty 20mm comfort risers fitted by Richard himself - all went well just some minimal filing required on retainer pins, and I'll need over the weekend to swivel clear a tight fitting aftermarket brake hose (we didn't risk doing it there as it will possibly necessitate a bit of brake bleeding) . Coming home it was a subtle and noticeable difference giving a slightly more upright posture - still good for 90mph+ :thumbup: , there's enough swivel adjustment to ensure nothing clips the fairing.

I'll need to pop back to get the footpegs droppers fitted as they need to mod the prototypes to gain an extra option. Great bunch and they kept me coffeed up to go with the biccies I took up, and they had moved premises which accounted for the odd comms, and seeing the size and variety of their CNC machines they had to move and set up as priority it was quite a distrutive period they are coming out off! They are very keen on producing more bike bits. Very effective set up and system for meeting ebay orders from stock.

Suggested they produce for the Firestorm; generator caps, MCCTs, and 2-piece exhaust manifold flanges. They gave me a 5mm slotted rear shock spacer so I'll bring that to the workshop day if anyone wants to try it.

http://www.prolineengineering.co.uk

Cheers Wicky for coming back with the update on your handlebar risers :thumbup:
Glad to hear you finally got yours fitted and good news about the company by the sounds of it,

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Dropped footpeg adaptors fitted. Gives an extra inch or so.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Wicky:
what about rear brake pedal and shift lever adjustment, is it ok or more work like new shifting arm is needed? I still have my buell pegs in the shelf ...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Gear lever needs some adjustment - also brake lever now sits a little too high so I'll have to think of a way to tweak that.

Return springs on the footpegs need tweaking with the droppers.

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Wicky wrote:Gear lever needs some adjustment - also brake lever now sits a little too high so I'll have to think of a way to tweak that.

Return springs on the footpegs need tweaking with the droppers.
as expected. I had little hope for avoiding that :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I rather like the look of these, good adjustability, but probably the same issues regarding the brake and pedals.
price is also a tad steep. and probably not as comfy as the original rubber topped foot pegs.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151394361333? ... EBIDX%3AIT
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks Wicky for the update :thumbup:

Chris.
and7rp2

Post by and7rp2 »

I have got a zx7r,that ive swapped the bars over,( ie now upside down ) makes the bars higher and makes it a bit more comfortable.
I had to drill two small holes to make the controls sit properly.
Is it possible to do the same with VTR ?
Ive got straight bars on the VTR and cant find the original clip ons to check.
Good news with this mod, it costs nowt !!
Grey haired riders don't get that way by luck !!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

and7rp2 wrote:I have got a zx7r,that ive swapped the bars over,( ie now upside down ) makes the bars higher and makes it a bit more comfortable.
I had to drill two small holes to make the controls sit properly.
Is it possible to do the same with VTR ?
Ive got straight bars on the VTR and cant find the original clip ons to check.
Good news with this mod, it costs nowt !!
Forum member "Lockwood1956" posted up a photo of a VTR with the bars fitted upside down (link here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=38880 )

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've broken my golden rule and bought a part from china, all be it's sold via hong kong.... :roll:
with a 2000 mile round trip planned for july, I think I need to make the bike a tad more comfy, and seen as I don't lean enough to get the hero blobs touching tarmac, I can't see there being an issue with these regarding ground clearance.
i'm going to try them 45 degrees forward and downwards to begin with and see how this sits wit the brake pedal spring.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292039061615? ... Tags=bu=bu
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I wish someone would make peg lowers for Harris rearsets. :(
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I bit the bullet and went for Chinese footpeg lowers via hong kong, so far i'm impressed with them.
various adjustments can be made, less clunky than the standard items, no vibes through the pegs as yet. I went for the 25mm items, rather than the 40mm more extreme ones.
the uk equivalent is £80 to £90, I got these for under £40 and they arrived within 5 days from hong kong. lets see how I get on with them this year.

HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!