"comfort" kit

General Bike chat
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: "comfort" kit

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote:I bit the bullet and went for Chinese footpeg lowers via hong kong, so far i'm impressed with them.
various adjustments can be made, less clunky than the standard items, no vibes through the pegs as yet. I went for the 25mm items, rather than the 40mm more extreme ones.
the uk equivalent is £80 to £90, I got these for under £40 and they arrived within 5 days from hong kong. lets see how I get on with them this year.

Good luck with them Marty, I hope they turn out to be as good as you want,

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheers chris, it's an experiment really. the injuries I sustained from my crash in 2010 means I can't move/lift my left leg that much whilst riding. so I thought i'd give these a try. personally I don't have an issue with std rearsets.
but my toe sliders are wearing out, because I find it hard to move my left foot.
I've now done 170 miles on these pegs, and so far so good. time will tell if they're up to the job. i'm going to adjust them so that they aren't any further forward, just a 25mm drop.
because in the slightly forward position my toes rather tight to the gear selector.
I have also realised that my plates of meat are just too big hahahaha. dam my size 12's, god only knows how yeti does it.
if I try and move my feet a little to much, the heel of my boots touch the hi level linkpipes :roll:
so the best I can do is feet back slightly and turn my toes in towards the bike.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote:cheers chris, it's an experiment really. the injuries I sustained from my crash in 2010 means I can't move/lift my left leg that much whilst riding. so I thought i'd give these a try. personally I don't have an issue with std rearsets.
but my toe sliders are wearing out, because I find it hard to move my left foot.
I've now done 170 miles on these pegs, and so far so good. time will tell if they're up to the job. i'm going to adjust them so that they aren't any further forward, just a 25mm drop.
because in the slightly forward position my toes rather tight to the gear selector.
I have also realised that my plates of meat are just too big hahahaha. dam my size 12's, god only knows how yeti does it.
if I try and move my feet a little to much, the heel of my boots touch the hi level linkpipes :roll:
so the best I can do is feet back slightly and turn my toes in towards the bike.... :lol:
I see what you mean, so these adjustable footrest (providing they're up to the job of course :wink: ) could be ideal :thumbup:
I did wonder how you were managing with the gear change lever and the rear brake lever with your feet being that much lower.
A friend of mine fitted a set of these on his Storm a long time ago (although his were the more expensive German ones IIRC), he managed to heat up and bend the rear brake lever into a lower position, it looked a bit like a bent banana :) but worked very well,

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

not a bad idea really.
these have some adjustment. imagine a clock face, from the centre outwards. 6 o'clock is normal but 25mm lower. then 7.30 is what i'm using at the mo, so slightly forward and probably 15mm lower than std. then you go in 1hr 30min increments. 12 o'clock would be for track riding because that would be 25mm higher than std.
really easy to adjust as well.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote:not a bad idea really.
these have some adjustment. imagine a clock face, from the centre outwards. 6 o'clock is normal but 25mm lower. then 7.30 is what i'm using at the mo, so slightly forward and probably 15mm lower than std. then you go in 1hr 30min increments. 12 o'clock would be for track riding because that would be 25mm higher than std.
really easy to adjust as well.
That's a good way to describe the adjustment Marty, one that I understand :thumbup:

Chris.
podman

Post by podman »

Fitted my trikbitz risers today, only 1 minor niggle, the LH switchgear light switch JUST clips the lower edge of the fairing, when the lights are in the OFF position, it misses but when they are ON, it just catches, no adjustment left on the switchgear to move it lower

That said, they took 10 mins to fit and after a blat around the block , are a definite improvement.
[url]Image

Lights off

[url]Image

...and On

[url]Image

Worthwhile improvement , easy to fit nicely manufactured and good value for money IMHO.

[url]Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

podman wrote:Fitted my trikbitz risers today, only 1 minor niggle, the LH switchgear light switch JUST clips the lower edge of the fairing, when the lights are in the OFF position, it misses but when they are ON, it just catches, no adjustment left on the switchgear to move it lower

That said, they took 10 mins to fit and after a blat around the block , are a definite improvement.
[url]Image

Lights off

[url]Image

...and On

[url]Image

Worthwhile improvement , easy to fit nicely manufactured and good value for money IMHO.

[url]Image
Glad you're pleased with the handlebar risers. Nice good quality photo's too :thumbup:

Chris.