Power commander what is it?

General Bike chat
RedStormJ

Power commander what is it?

Post by RedStormJ »

I have an idea but I really need some details on the limits of it not the brochure kind either. I am doing an injection project and seen a lot of crazy stuff with turbos exct. I was thinking cant a XL 1000's bits be fitted sans cams, tiny throttle bodies and injectors. Then fit rc51 tb's with a custom bracket and use a powercommander to fix the obvious change in injectors and TB's as the VTR has bossier cams. I am not one for neutering power.

I really just want info on a power commander. Just thought I should say why.
Wicky

Re: Power commander what is it?

Post by Wicky »

Nah you want a Power Ranger kit for your project as the Power Commander system for the Firestorm was discontinued yonks ago due to lack of demand - Power Ranger is plug'n'play with a reliable 140bhp...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Kamen Rider! You know about that eh!
By the way if you saw my gear you would know I already have that.
I was thinking for the XL 1000
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Have one fitted on each SP1. Basically lets you infinitely adjust fuel/air mixture through the entire rev range to compensate for any exhaust/airfilter/airbox mods but really needs to be done in conjunction with several dyno runs. It allows you to run "perfect" settings not ones programmed by the factory to meet emissions etc.
Basic maps available for most standard tweaks eg Two Brothers cans with standard air filter, that kind of thing.
The beauty is, the unit sits between the bikes ECU and connected electrickery and overrides the factory settings, but simply unplug it and everything returns to stock settings.
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

I wonder if I will need to contact xl 1000 forums. Anyone here use a Power commander for a verado? I really want to have that sweet injected power band.