Spilt Custard...

General Bike chat
MacV2

Spilt Custard...

Post by MacV2 »

...Had a bit of an off on Sunday morn...Went to a mates 60th bash up in Gt.Baddow. Had a nice eve catching up with loads of bods I havent seen in quite a while. Kept to soft drinks all night. When iy wound down around midnight I made my excuses, got me kit on & headed for the bike. I used Custard as wasnt sure about parking & security, & I'd rathr that got nicked or drunken lout pushed over than Nue Red...Turns out I made the right desicion...

So bimbles out of the car park, turns left on to the main road, moves away clicks it into second opens the gas & justs spins up big time on a really shiney manhole cover & bang I'm on the deck doing a bit of brake dancing...I am aware of, a hard impact, my visor coming off, sliding & rolling & the noise of a bike scraping down the road... Ooops... Managed to stay out of any ditches but did have me head in the road side vegetation... :lol:

Help is on hand almost immediately, ''don't move, keep still, where does it hurt ? Ambulance is on its way'' ect ect

Something is wrong as I have pain in me back but ribs not spine & I've already checked to see if me feet move...

So get carted off to Broomfields A&E & spend the next few hours waiting around as you do...Gas & air at the scene & in the ambo was quite fun, it gets to the point wher your almost tripping out, cirtainly takes your mind off the pain which was demonstrated quite nicely when the bottle run out & they had to change it...

Slow forward to seeing a doc at which point I've noticed that I have quite a lot of 'uncomfortablyness'' in my left collar bone as well as me ribs so got given some oral morphine...

So off to x-rays & again some time later the doc comes & tells me 4 broken ribs & a fractured clavicle...only goodish news is that the clavicle is not out of line so no op needed. Have some drugs & come back to fracture clinic in 7 days...

Got a cab back to my mates house, cuppa, fag & hit the cocodimal...

Custard was picked up at the scene parked & locked. Later on My mate & AN other went over & picked it up to come back to theirs, he rode it back & reported no issues apart fro the missing bit's that is.

TBH honest it came out of it quite well. Fairing has crack & some scuffage, l/h indi is fubar, clutch lever scuffed, bar end scuffed & snapped off ( it's actualy snapped the end of the bar inner weight off, so the screw & a bit of bar inner weight is still on it...) l/h foot peg is a bit wonkey & the end can is well scuffed up... luckily I have a few spares laying around... :lol:

When I get it back & am able rib wise to pull it apart & have a propper look, I'm sure I'll find other issues...the l/h clip on has to be bent & I'd be supprised if the clock sub frame is still th shape it's mean't to be...

Got a lift home & got in about 17.30, got a txt a bit later & my mates letting me know that a friend of theirs, an ex-sidecar racer, is going to bring Custard home for me as he knows what it's like to be bashed about (hence the ex- sidecar racer..)& feels sorry for me. Which is really cool...Delivery TBA.

At the moment photobucket appears to be offline so no pics of scuffed up yella one to prove I'm not making it up...

I'm off to move about very slowly & try not to cough or burb or hicup or laugh or sneeze...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Re: Spilt Custard...

Post by AMCQ46 »

how fecking dare you treat a proud Yellow bike as sacrificial protection for a pile of red scrap............... This is karma paying you back for thinking such heretic thoughts.

on a serious note, I am glad you are OK ... you yellow hater :Ball Kick:

on the plus side..... hard drugs and some days off work, what's not to like :biggrin
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Ask Frank if there's any spare ribs or clavicles in the shed.

Actually, that struck a chord.
I was wondering if a clavicle might make a suitable sidecar weight, but found that this fella had had the the same idea with a piano.
All he needs is an engine...
But don't laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22DSFn5diL4

You still bounce well for an old bloke- must be all the practice you get......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Dont make him laugh. Yellow just isnt fast enough. By the way good sir I am glad nothing major got dinged up too bad apart from maybe some pride. Good news is ribs heal quick.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Them manholes are deadly I lost the front of my bandit on one.Could have been worse but ribs and clavicle are painfull enough and it could have been a lot worse if it was a red bike.Keep taking the pills and heal quickly.Bad luck anyway.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:how fecking dare you treat a proud Yellow bike as sacrificial protection for a pile of red scrap............... This is karma paying you back for thinking such heretic thoughts.

on a serious note, I am glad you are OK ... you yellow hater :Ball Kick:

on the plus side..... hard drugs and some days off work, what's not to like :biggrin
That made me laugh...unfortunately...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

RedStormJ wrote:Dont make him laugh. Yellow just isnt fast enough. By the way good sir I am glad nothing major got dinged up too bad apart from maybe some pride. Good news is ribs heal quick.

Oh me pride was dented a long time ago...about when I had to put a yella Storm in the MacCave...

Scuffed up me Carbon Lid which is the reall bummer...

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The damage...

So far so scuffed....hahaha ouch!...dammit
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mac,
you need stabilisers and an airbag suit these days
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

FFS Sorry to hear this news mate. Manhole covers are a bikers nightmare. I think there was some talks or petitions to getting all the manhole covers replaced with anti slip covers. Such a simple thing for the department of transport to do but it's £££ and time getting them all replaced. And why is that manhole covers seem to always be put on the part of the road that is where bikes tend to take their line. I bet if you started an official online petition you could easily get 100,000 votes so it would have to be brought up to discuss in parliament. Was it wet. The weather that is :lol:

Seems like you took quite a heavy drop to do that amount of damage to your body. Did the bike land on you. Or is it a case of older weaker bones are more easily broken. Did you you just land and slide or did you do a few rolly pollies. What's the odds the manhole cover had a bit of diesel on it. Your boss is going to love you taking more time off work. I hope your boss is a biker as then he'll understand. Take it easy, enjoy the drugs and watch a bit motorsport on the box. If the frigs are not stron enough then mix them with a couple of Guinness...help you sleep :beer:

Stabilisers would be a great idea for bikes. If they could be implemented to extend themselves somehow smart detect when the bike is about to drop and pop out.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mac, perhaps you need one of these.

AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46 wrote:Mac, perhaps you need one of these.

SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:lol:

sure to be the sound of ribs creaking with expletives in Grain

recover well Mac :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

GIT... :Tongue1:

Although apart from the restricted movement that looks quite a good idea.... :lol: ... Ouch...dammit you got me again...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

cybercarl wrote:FFS Sorry to hear this news mate. Manhole covers are a bikers nightmare. I think there was some talks or petitions to getting all the manhole covers replaced with anti slip covers. Such a simple thing for the department of transport to do but it's £££ and time getting them all replaced. And why is that manhole covers seem to always be put on the part of the road that is where bikes tend to take their line. I bet if you started an official online petition you could easily get 100,000 votes so it would have to be brought up to discuss in parliament. Was it wet. The weather that is :lol:

Seems like you took quite a heavy drop to do that amount of damage to your body. Did the bike land on you. Or is it a case of older weaker bones are more easily broken. Did you you just land and slide or did you do a few rolly pollies. What's the odds the manhole cover had a bit of diesel on it. Your boss is going to love you taking more time off work. I hope your boss is a biker as then he'll understand. Take it easy, enjoy the drugs and watch a bit motorsport on the box. If the frigs are not stron enough then mix them with a couple of Guinness...help you sleep :beer:

Stabilisers would be a great idea for bikes. If they could be implemented to extend themselves somehow smart detect when the bike is about to drop and pop out.
it was dry Carl but just gone midnight so mave have been damp from dew...

I went down on the left...hard straight down...The bike sccchhhheeedddd off down the hill, sparking as it went apparently, but didn't tumble or hit anything...

I did at least one 1/2 roll as I conveniently put myself straight into the recovery position... :lol: :lol: ouch...