Spilt Custard...

General Bike chat
fabiostar

Re: Spilt Custard...

Post by fabiostar »

just tell them, ahhh excuse me and how am i meant to fiddler with a gimpy shoulder????? :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So all planned to go in on Weds morn...Sent a nice email in to announce it...

Me...

Hi Pat, heads up for you, I will be coming in on Wed's morn, not quite fully fit but clutching a light duties sick note...

All a bit complex but all will be explained.

Not sure if it can be arranged so quickly but if you want to book the OH Doc...

I'll give you a ring about lunch time tomorrow or ring me if you have meetings planned & wont be at your desk.

Mac...

The reply I got this morn...

Good news Mac,

I cannot allow you to start until you have an assessment as I will need them to make recommendations around light duties and shorter days/ graduated return.

I will ask them to call you for an appointment, hopefully for this Wednesday.

Pat

So looks as if I wont be starting back tomorrow after all...Hahahaha
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Result Macster :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Piss brewry up in...

It gets better...

Waiting all day for the call from OH bods...

Mailed in at 17.00 saying not heard anything yet.

Got this back... '' I couldn't refer you because computer was down. Don't come until I have received their report. Pat ''

:lol: :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Mac - You'll need a long holiday to recover from your arduous time-off - thank goodness you have a hobby!

[youtube][/youtube]
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So I gets a letter today from the OH docs with an appointment...9 March So another week to sit around doing nish... :lol: :lol:

Then they have to take 5 bloody days to put the recomendations through the system...

Whilst I've been off on the Tom & Richard I have missed 14 booked days holiday which as is the want of the Council I should get back... & will have to take before the end of March... :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You will end up loosing your job at this rate. They will find a way. Have they got a temporary replacement in for you?
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote:You will end up loosing your job at this rate. They will find a way. Have they got a temporary replacement in for you?
Nah I was ready to go back in last week...they are delaying my return now...

No idea if they got someone in, dont give a fek if they have or havent TBH...not my problem is it... :lol: :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

let them pay you to leave Mac.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:let them pay you to leave Mac.
Nah...I'll be back...Got a call yesterday from the Hosp...' Come in on Monday for the Scan...' The results of which will tell them if they are gonna slice & dice...

I go in on Thurs to see the works ocupational health Doc & then next Thurs to see my guv re a back to work plan. Looking at going back on Mon 20th.

Of course the good news is I haven't had to commute through the worst of winter...hahaha
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Today I have mainly been having a CT scan on me shoulder...A week or so for the results to get back to the Consultant...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Latest news...Following on from the metting I had last Thursday with the Councils Ocupational Health Doc. I got sent a copy of his report...

Basical the Doc is recomending the following... A two day week...hahahahaha

''Fitness Advice and Specific Recommendations
Mr Macdonald is fit to return to work on amended duties. It is likely that he will benefit from a
phased return to work given the longevity of his absence. I would suggest beginning with
two days per week and increasing over a four week period to full time. It will be important to
restrict him from heavy manual handling tasks. He is unable to lift or carry any weight on his
left side and this must be taken into consideration when allocating duties.''

The boss is gonna love that... :lol:

I'm gonna suggest different approach tho...Instead of two full days...officaly 7 hrs days...4 x half days see if that works ...

Find out when I see him on Thursday.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So just back home from the meeting with the boss...

First thing he says is...you have 19 days holiday to use up before the end of March... :crazy:

So this is my return to work plan...I'm in on Monday & Tuesday next week, less jobs per day with no spraying jobs...He needs me in as he's a man down due to someone leaving...& someone else has days off booked...

After that I'm off on Holiday...Yep holiday till April 3rd & 4th...two days in then off till 12th & 13th then off till 19th 20th & 21st then do 24th, 25th & 27th. Then into May. I'm in 2nd, 4th & 5th... & that folks is how the council roll...All on full pay :lol: :lol: back to full time from 8th May...

Of course all this is rather dependant on if the bone doc's decide if I need an op or not...Still not heard from them as we type...
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

what a saga ! !

I say we look it up on youtube and try and mend you on your Grainstorm day?

seriously though you want to get dead specific definitions of "light duties" for your role and make sure you keep to doing only the things they say you can .

Good luck mate
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:what a saga ! !

I say we look it up on youtube and try and mend you on your Grainstorm day?

seriously though you want to get dead specific definitions of "light duties" for your role and make sure you keep to doing only the things they say you can .

Good luck mate
Already sorted that Lumps...No spray jobs...Fleas or Bed Bugs...As for the rest Mice mainly anything I cant do i.e. Loft work, ladders ect I just put off till next appointment & someone else can do it...