Spilt Custard...

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: Spilt Custard...

Post by VTRDark »

No because they no longer cook food on the premises. All food contractors have been outsourced. You now get vacuum packed pre cooked meals ready to be reheated by chef ding.
==============================Enter the Darkside
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Id be damn tempted set that sob my self and drill and plate that thing.
Mac how you gonna ride with that thing?
you spilled that bike before I blew my engine and I just took my bike back out for its first ride.
Worried about you man. You cant enjoy riding all sore.
Id damn sure have given her a whirl. it looks so settable but once that bones there theres no going back. Not without a saw....
Sorry to be a downer but I think its real messed up they left it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

RedStormJ wrote:Id be damn tempted set that sob my self and drill and plate that thing.
Mac how you gonna ride with that thing?
you spilled that bike before I blew my engine and I just took my bike back out for its first ride.
Worried about you man. You cant enjoy riding all sore.
Id damn sure have given her a whirl. it looks so settable but once that bones there theres no going back. Not without a saw....
Sorry to be a downer but I think its real messed up they left it.
Have been riding it thanks J...Went out on it yesterday in fact, bit sore but OK, nowt a few nurofen wont cure... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm off to see an orthopaedic surgeon in a couple of weeks after a 6 month waiting list about my condition and the pain I'm in. I'm hoping they can at least fix the 3 hammer toes that where left to heel in the broken / bent position as they where more concerned about my femur and ankle at the time. I'm hoping they offer me one of those expensive long term sustained released pain killing injections they give to folk with rheumatoid arthritis but I have a horrible feeling they may suggest having my ankle fused in which case I will turn it down and have to live with the crippling pain.

I'm having to take Tramadol just to be able to do a days work on my feet at times and when I have a day off, like now, I'm recovering and resting the leg. I get home after a shift at work and I am crippled, can't weight bare on my left leg even to get to the toilet so limp and hop or use a piss pot at night courtesy of the NHS. Strangely I kept the one I had when I was laid up in hospital as I knew it would come in handy one day and I used it when I was first released from hospital and in recovery. Oh and to add to this after many years of taking various pain killers I know what works for me and Tramadol helps and gets me through a shift. The problem is this masks over the damage being done. If your in pain then it's the body telling you something. To add to this, the last time I went to my GP they would not give me Tramadol and offered me Ibuprofen which plays up on my gut like Codeine does. Apparently they don't prescribe Tramadol any more so I may have to take the risk and use overseas online services for this and purchase my own. Either that or go back to smoking puff :Smoke2: :roll

TBH I try not to take any prescription meds unless the pain is nagging and I'm starting to bitch and moan and get snappy with people. Puff was the only thing that truly worked but I don't really want to go back down that route unless I grow my own and I don't want to start on tobbaco again after..what is it...two years now of vaping. There are CBC vape juices out there which are legal but they don't really have the same affect and are more expensive than buying some puff. :crazy: I think they only legalised it to shut the medical marijuana campaigners up. There are some things in the US that are good and we should follow. The problem is it's also being used to mess people up and create a smoke screen (no pun intended) so they can do what they want politically I think.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

MacV2 wrote:
VTRDark wrote:It never got missed they just decided not to spend money on an expensive operation to pay for the surgeons next set of Titanium golf clubs and leave it to heal itself with new bone growth in the broken position. The NHS is good and is a UK lifesaver but it's still in very bad state of affairs. They would do this for various reasons. Cost, Mac's age and history, he's a smoker, not married with kids to consider etc, and most of all he's not a fine upstanding member of the community with Lord or something in his name :lol:

The NHS discriminate and make decisions like this on a daily basis all the time, and it's a postcode lottery too. They obviously don't say these things to a patient outright but they are very good at easing patients into a false sense of belief and allowing one over time to come to terms and accept the condition they have been left with. Even if you paid to view all the documents on you under the data protection act, there are still notes and things made within closed walls within the circles of Doctors and the trust that you will never get to see. Decisions made behind closed doors. Then there are the notes made in another language like code with slang words, abbreviations and bad handwriting that one cannot make heads or tails of so things are buried like the small print in legal jargon. When one uses the term "your life is in their hands" it literally is.
Can I get a tin foil hat on the NHS...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't laugh. Wot Mr. Dark sez is quite true. Having been in a similar situation and knowing quite a few of the medical profession it's exactly like this.

My collar bone was worse than yours but I only got it operated on because I knew someone who knew someone. A mate had a word in his shell-like and it all happened. Before that I had no joy at all.

Also, reminds me when I broke my back at an off-road race. Left waiting at Colchester General hospital for 4 hours while my wife tried (it was Sunday) to contact her sister who was Deputy Manager of the hospital. Suprise surprise, as soon as sister was informed I was bombarded with nurses, doctors, taken to a ward, x-rayed, had my full piss bottle emptied. You name it. NOTHING had happened before wifie's sister was informed and managed to get in touch with the hospital.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I may come across as a total fruitcake at times but I am wise and only physically short sighted not mentally. I would class myslef as slightly higher functioning autistic accept I have not been labelled as such. I'm certainly not what is classed as normal. :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Sooooooooooooooooo....went in to see the bone doctor again today some 4 weeks after the last appiontment. Fresh x-ray...He thinks it's not healing & in fact looks worse than last time so is going to set up a scan...depending on what the scan shows they might operate to fix it...

FFS if thay had plated it to start with...hahahaha

I left with a sick note for six weeks for amended duties/light duties...

So back into work for me...on Weds when my full sick note runs out...Think I'll leave it till late Tues arvo to phone in & let them know... :lol: :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Blimey!
Wouldn't it be kinder to work to just tell them what day you intend to work this year 8O

light duties? Pah! How much do those cockroaches weigh in your area?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:Blimey!
Wouldn't it be kinder to work to just tell them what day you intend to work this year 8O

It's not the cockroaches its the feckin fridge I have to move to get to the fekers...Smartarse...

Yeah light duties....hahahaha probably be a reduced number of jobs so I get longer for each job...

'' Wouldn't it be kinder to work to just tell them what day you intend to work this year'' Now thats funny...I will be claiming back the 10 or so days holiday that I'd booked off but have been off sick for...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote:Blimey!

:lol: harsh but true pete :lol:

mac, I hope you get it sorted soon, this is getting silly
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Hope you fixed up properly soon Master we need you to cook the bacon sarnies for Grainstorm

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

jesus Mac your not having much luck with this :sad2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote:Hope you fixed up properly soon Master we need you to cook the bacon sarnies for Grainstorm Image

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
I may have to delegate...

:lol: :lol: Sizzle Sizzle... Hmmm I can smell the bacon already...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Chin Up Mac
Talk them into pinning it. You don't want a gimpy shoulder ruining the biking season. Tell em winter's nearly over and you got to get back to your biking duties. :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote:Chin Up Mac
Talk them into pinning it. You don't want a gimpy shoulder ruining the biking season. Tell em winter's nearly over and you got to get back to your biking duties. :thumbup:

Pete.l
Last time I went the Doc said no riding full stop...Yeah right...

This Doc when I told him that it's my only form of transport & how I would have to get to work, he just said 'well the risk is furthur injury but if you feel confident then no worries...'

As is the norm with the NHS I think the guy I saw yesterday is the forth different one I've seen & they all say something different...

The radioligist was a bit of a hottie tho which was nice...hubbadhuba...