Site Admin

Re: Spilt Custard...

Post by sirch345 »

Good luck Mac, I think you might need it :eh:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:29 am Good luck Mac, I think you might need it :eh:

Chris.
Think your right Chris. To cheer myself up I bought another Storm today...

:lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:47 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:29 am Good luck Mac, I think you might need it :eh:

Chris.
Think your right Chris. To cheer myself up I bought another Storm today...

:lol: :lol:
Yes I just seen that, and replied :)

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So first day back since late July...

Spent the day out with one of the other Pesties, doing a bit of paperwork only.

They are not giving me my own work until further notice.

They still havent replaced the vans, thats been ongoing for nearly two years. The latest news is that when we get new vans they will be electric ones. Not hybrid full electric... We will be aloud to take them home, I supose the idea is that we charge them up at home...

Yeah right I'll stick to me bike thanks... :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I would be inclined to ask where and when you are supposed to charge them up.What ever the outcome they will have to pay for it wherever it's charged up.Surely they don't expect you to pay for it from your domestic supply.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Tap into the neighbours supply! :D
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

They have put 16 charging points in the yard...They are suposed to be going over to a full electric fleet. They will need a few more charging points... :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

First day back. I'll bet you'll still be knackered by Friday, even if you're doing light duties :lol:
Don't forget to get an early night me old mucker. There's another big day ahead of you tomorrow :lol:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

While laudable introducing leccy vehicles in light of the new charges just introduced.

Pragmatically however, will they install a suitable weather proof charging point at the optimum volts / amps for you at home in sunny Kent? - and what happens at the the end of the day after bimbling about the city are you expected to drive it home (range?) to recharge.

Plus what happens in Winter when range can drop by 20-30% in freezing temps - and are they aware lithium batteries have a lifecycle and can expect for the range to degrade over time / charges cycles. Who pays for breakdown recovery...

Might it not be too late to tell your bosses about this fuel derivative for your team... ;-)

German scientist extracts diesel fuel from dead cats - throw in rats, cockroaches etc. more the merrier...
a german inventor named dr. christian koch has invented a process whereby old tires, weeds, and animal cadavers (in this case, dead cats) are used to create high-quality bio-diesel. the process produces roughly 2.5 liters (under two-thirds of a gallon) of diesel per cat. dr. koch has driven 105,000 miles so far in his own vehicle on the fuel without any problems.
https://www.geek.com/news/german-scient ... ts-564518/
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:57 pm First day back. I'll bet you'll still be knackered by Friday, even if you're doing light duties :lol:
Don't forget to get an early night me old mucker. There's another big day ahead of you tomorrow :lol:

Pete.l
Nah, phased return, I'm off today... :lol:

Got three days this week M,W & F. Decide on Friday what I'm doing next week I might go the same & then the following week do it it bulk M to Weds & have a nice long weekend...

We'll see, they are putting the onus on me to tell them what I can & can't do... :lol: :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Jeez!
I don't know how you manage it
:lol: :lol: :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

Wicky wrote:While laudable introducing leccy vehicles in light of the new charges just introduced.

a german inventor named dr. christian koch has invented a process whereby old tires, weeds, and animal cadavers (in this case, dead cats) are used to create high-quality bio-diesel. the process produces roughly 2.5 liters (under two-thirds of a gallon) of diesel per cat. dr. koch has driven 105,000 miles so far in his own vehicle on the fuel without any problems.
https://www.geek.com/news/german-scient ... ts-564518/
That’s hilarious, how many pet cats did that guy have? How did his wife not notice that 105,000 miles worth of cats had gone missing?? Cats to diesel, what next, pigs to antimatter?
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

I had a Mitsubishi PHEV hybrid and it did about 32 to the gallon without a charge and about 22 miles on a full charge, roughly 9kW/h. Total poop! I have changed it now for a new Nissan Navara. Just need to get me some biopussy now!!!
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them