You got to try one of these if ya get the chance! ...what a

Post by darrenmartin »

Sent from my SM-T335 using Tapatalk
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: You got to try one of these if ya get the chance! ...wha

Post by sirch345 »

I have test ridden one of those Blade's before I got my Storm.
It did everything very well, but for me I preferred the big V twin.

What were your thoughts/opinion on this bike Darren :?:

Chris.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

I had a '95 blade when it was about 3 years old... Couldn't fault the bike other than I did get a bad back on a long run. Bought it after splitting with wife as a pick me up and after being off bikes for a few years. Previous bike was an early cbr1000, to me the blade was awesome... still remember the feeling when i picked it up. That said.. I wouldn't trade any of them for my storms... a few times folk have looked at me odd when I have told them my preference.. can't help it, just love my storm... not sure I can exactly say why. Maybe it's because I had always had a straight 4 and it was jumping on something that bit different that did it for me. Also bare in mind that i'm far from a knee down type of rider so I wouldn't get the most from a storm let alone a blade, for the way I just poddle around the storm does everything as good as any other bike for me.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

+1 on that mate. Had a long list of il4's but the Storm is the keeper. Just gets under your skin and touches your soul, ooooh errrr missus!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

I had a 97 RRV about 14 years ago and loved it. Regretted selling it for years so went back to try them again. Got an RRX that time but just didn't enjoy riding it like I had done years before. Tried lots of bikes in-between but I doubt I'd go back to one now unless it was "fightered".
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I had a 95 foxeye and loved it !
Didn't say a year tho
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Kev L wrote:+1 on that mate. Had a long list of il4's but the Storm is the keeper. Just gets under your skin and touches your soul, ooooh errrr missus!
I do miss mine, esp the noise and the instant go to be honest, but the tingly fingers buggered it up for me. The CBF done stir the soul the same but i can ride that all day etc. Its a bike i like, +iam still here riding so can't complain. I still think i can ride the same speed due to being able to see a bit further up the road if that makes sense.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Thats a bit spooky!.... :think: the fact that you all mentioned or touched on, subjects related to the Blade that i can realate too!!! Guys i agree 100% with you views/comments. 1st Chirs its fare to say that this was the bike that renewed my love of being on two wheels. In Aug 1997 i was involved in 'my' worst bike accident. The driver of an arctic lorry (with trailer loaded with frozen goods) decided he didnt need to wait for the temp. traffic lights set up in Oultont Broad to turn Green. He hit me almost head on, breaking 7 ribs (mine not his) rupturing my spleen, collapsing and tearing my left lung whilst also crushing my heart. (Bare with me :wink: ) I fractured my Left Femur, broke 3 fingers, fully dislocated my right elbow and had 2 skull fractures. I promissed my then wife id never ride another bike because of what she had to go through during my 12 months of recovery. Once back to normal ('ish) the 'itch' for a bike started. The rest is history (i ride a bike and im single) The Blade RRV was the 1st bike i rode then bought. People had said you ' become part of the bike' when riding it. I can say i did. An awsome machine. The Storm though is so differant. Not gunna try to explain....you know what i mean :wink:
Even my Aprillia RSV Millie didnt have the 'under this lid im grinning from ear to ear' affect that my Storm does.
The best part of it all though is that i ended up with my Storm totaly by accident. She 'does it' all! whilst lifting up her skirt and flashing her Orange knickers too all :lol:
Cheers to HONDA for the FIRESTORM :beer:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

The nearest i've been to one of those was my zx9 with big bore kit taking out to 986cc, but i love the storm for it's popping and banging on the overrun,the carb farts and snorting and all the mechanical sounds that it coughs out.I can't see myself ever selling it. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

darrenmartin wrote:Thats a bit spooky!.... :think: the fact that you all mentioned or touched on, subjects related to the Blade that i can realate too!!! Guys i agree 100% with you views/comments. 1st Chris its fare to say that this was the bike that renewed my love of being on two wheels. In Aug 1997 i was involved in 'my' worst bike accident. The driver of an arctic lorry (with trailer loaded with frozen goods) decided he didnt need to wait for the temp. traffic lights set up in Oultont Broad to turn Green. He hit me almost head on, breaking 7 ribs (mine not his) rupturing my spleen, collapsing and tearing my left lung whilst also crushing my heart. (Bare with me :wink: ) I fractured my Left Femur, broke 3 fingers, fully dislocated my right elbow and had 2 skull fractures. I promissed my then wife id never ride another bike because of what she had to go through during my 12 months of recovery. Once back to normal ('ish) the 'itch' for a bike started. The rest is history (i ride a bike and im single) The Blade RRV was the 1st bike i rode then bought. People had said you ' become part of the bike' when riding it. I can say i did. An awsome machine. The Storm though is so differant. Not gunna try to explain....you know what i mean :wink:
Even my Aprillia RSV Millie didnt have the 'under this lid im grinning from ear to ear' affect that my Storm does.
The best part of it all though is that i ended up with my Storm totaly by accident. She 'does it' all! whilst lifting up her skirt and flashing her Orange knickers too all :lol:
Cheers to HONDA for the FIRESTORM :beer:
8O 8O I can see why you have a soft spot for the Blade after reading what happened, it's almost a miracle you're still with us.

I'm glad you made it Darren,

Chris.
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Thanks bud [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-T335 using Tapatalk
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Kev L wrote:+1 on that mate. Had a long list of il4's but the Storm is the keeper. Just gets under your skin and touches your soul,
Yeah I'll go with that, I admire all the bikes I've got for different reasons :plainsmile but I've got to admit I still say my Storm is the most fun bike :D I'm actually using my FireBlade at the moment, but with cheekyads being 6ft tall and 12 stone now I'm finding it tough going on the FireBlade, so only this weekend I decided to get the Storm out of hibernation and MOT and Tax it so it’s ready to be used now, only problem is the bloody oil seal has gone on one of the forks, so need to get that done now :x
There's just someting about a FireStorm that ticks all the boxes for me and cheekyads :thumbup: :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:beer: ill drink to that cheekykev :thumbup: