Diy steering stem phone/gps/anything bracket/holder

General Bike chat
Flatline

Diy steering stem phone/gps/anything bracket/holder

Post by Flatline »

Thought you guys might be interested in this

If you can't be bothered to buy one of those expensive satnav/phone brackets/holders for the steering stem, try this

Get yourself the internals from a handlebar

Chop off the end and get some washers, a long m6 bolt with the head cut off, a spacer and re-use the rubber grommets, but change which end they are on

Fit together like this. The 2 lower washers fit snug inside the stem, the larger one stops the whole lot slipping down the tube

The spacer makes sure the rubber grommet is low in the stem and not liable to squeeze up out of the top

Slot it in and tighten it up

You can now fit any bracket you choose/make

This phone holder was pop riveted onto the bracket and then the rivets flattened with a hammer

Works a treat

Enjoy
KermitLeFrog

Re: Diy steering stem phone/gps/anything bracket/holder

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Top idea but those clipon internal weights are a bugger to find. Many people seem to lose them. Took me a while to find any on ebay and then only if I bought the complete clipons.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Re: Diy steering stem phone/gps/anything bracket/holder

Post by VTRDark »

I'm more interested in where to buy an anything I've nor heard of one of them :lol:

You also have weights inside the front fairing bracket down the tubes where the mirrors mount.
==============================Enter the Darkside