New Bike.

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

New Bike.

Post by bigtwinthing »

Well iam collecting my new ( 2010) bike tonight. Its not really want I wanted 100% but i can't do without a bike and we have many trips to do to Portland over the coming months and in a car this time of year it can take 2-3 hrs to do the 79 miles. We've opted for a bike thats got panniers and a box etc that the wife feels comfy on.

The main issue bless her is getting her leg up to get on as a few years ago she had 4 lower discs fused, Adventure bikes were out, and so were most Triumphs. We did try a Pan 1300 but she felt that the gap allowed her to move sideways.

The bike iam getting was indeed a bloody bargain, but it needs some serious TLC. The wheels are ingrained with crap, it needs loving although the maintenance is all in the service book. No damage whats ever and that why i bought it.

I will have a week to get it up to a decent condition, working a few nights on it. It is incredibly comfy and may suit me old bones lol.

Its not inspiring though, i wanted a VFR1200 ( ugly but wow do they go) but it wasn't that comfy. I tried 6 bikes before the one i bought. Nothing was as comfy. Nothing felt good for the missus. I shall look forward to getting it cleaned and back in good order.

The guy who bought my CB bloody loves it !!!!
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Re: New Bike.

Post by lloydie »

bigtwinthing wrote:Well iam collecting my new ( 2010) bike tonight. Its not really want I wanted 100% but i can't do without a bike and we have many trips to do to Portland over the coming months and in a car this time of year it can take 2-3 hrs to do the 79 miles. We've opted for a bike thats got panniers and a box etc that the wife feels comfy on.

The main issue bless her is getting her leg up to get on as a few years ago she had 4 lower discs fused, Adventure bikes were out, and so were most Triumphs. We did try a Pan 1300 but she felt that the gap allowed her to move sideways.

The bike iam getting was indeed a bloody bargain, but it needs some serious TLC. The wheels are ingrained with crap, it needs loving although the maintenance is all in the service book. No damage whats ever and that why i bought it.

I will have a week to get it up to a decent condition, working a few nights on it. It is incredibly comfy and may suit me old bones lol.

Its not inspiring though, i wanted a VFR1200 ( ugly but wow do they go) but it wasn't that comfy. I tried 6 bikes before the one i bought. Nothing was as comfy. Nothing felt good for the missus. I shall look forward to getting it cleaned and back in good order.

The guy who bought my CB bloody loves it !!!!
So what did you get ?
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

i can't say yet its embarrassing, once I've cleaned it maybe a picky !, it aint no CB though. And its a needs must at the moment. After trying a VFR 1200 i lost the will to live, i just loved that.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You got a goldwing then lmao ha ha ha
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Beemer?
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Put us all out if our misery.

K1200?
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

paul you bloody tease, just tell us already so we can start taking the piss....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Strange or what, I was only thinking yesterday I had not seen any posts about your replacement bike Paul. Good to hear you've got yourself sorted :clap:

lloydie wrote:You got a goldwing then lmao ha ha ha
:thumbup: that was my immediate thought, you got the trailer too Paul :?: :wink: :shh: :eh: :D

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

At one stage I thought he may have bought Kermit until I seen it posted up n here. I thinking he's got a BMW as well or maybe a Harley LOL We shall ave to wait until later now and see the pics.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

FJR1300?
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

FS1E ??? :wave:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

New wheels :biggrin

==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Keep it to yourself Paul. :shh:

It'll be a nice suprize when we see it in Devon...No excuse now you have a bike WE EXPECT to see you !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

OK its a CBF 1000 and before you take the Rip its bloody well ok. So comfy, so smooth, and the gearbox, linked ABS brakes and suspension seem great so far, I've picked it up tonight, its minging, but mechanically great. Only issue, i tipped it into my fave bend at cadnum and my foot rubbed down and i shat myself lol. It goes well enough, great pick up but no top end. I blapped a swift 130 tonight. big tank too. I will love it iam sure.

Iam going to give it a bloody good strip down to clean it, its got FSH and done 12400 miles. Its still a Honda can i stay?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigtwinthing wrote:OK its a CBF 1000 and before you take the Rip its bloody well ok. So comfy, so smooth, and the gearbox, linked ABS brakes and suspension seem great so far, I've picked it up tonight, its minging, but mechanically great. Only issue, i tipped it into my fave bend at cadnum and my foot rubbed down and i shat myself lol. It goes well enough, great pick up but no top end. I blapped a swift 130 tonight. big tank too. I will love it iam sure.

Iam going to give it a bloody good strip down to clean it, its got FSH and done 12400 miles. Its still a Honda can i stay?
Not if you clean it. Leave it in peace. It's a Honda, nothing bad will happen :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.