vanstub wrote:hi gang have any of you used these at all :?:
NO
but i did get my springs from Roger Ditchfield
for my weight and cheaper if remember correctly
told you not to but oh no you knew better
popkat

Re: K-tech fork springs

Post by popkat »

Yes I have 0.85kg K tech springs in mine, they are drop in using the standard spacers, I have 10wt oil and 140mm air gap, preload set to 25mm, forks dropped 5mm through, you need to drop front as the springs make the bike sit higher at the front (as standard they sag more), might go down another 5mm on mine for the summer.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, I've had some in various front ends, recommended.
Actually, I have a set of springs and cartridges in my Sp2 from them, courtesy of the po.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

get them rogered...you know you want to :thumbup:
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

macdee wrote:
vanstub wrote:hi gang have any of you used these at all :?:
NO
but i did get my springs from Roger Ditchfield
for my weight and cheaper if remember corr
thanks didn't realise he just done replacement springs i'll have to email him then
Life's too short for plain biscuits :thumbup:
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

countrymick wrote:get them rogered...you know you want to :thumbup:
you're right Mick but its just the hassle of getting them to him :problem:
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

popkat wrote:Yes I have 0.85kg K tech springs in mine, they are drop in using the standard spacers, I have 10wt oil and 140mm air gap, preload set to 25mm, forks dropped 5mm through, you need to drop front as the springs make the bike sit higher at the front (as standard they sag more), might go down another 5mm on mine for the summer.

hi popkat sorry but my bike knowledge is minimal how do you determine what weight of spring to get and just to prove my ignorance how do you set preload and what does it do :confused
Watty

Post by Watty »

vanstub wrote:
popkat wrote:Yes I have 0.85kg K tech springs in mine, they are drop in using the standard spacers, I have 10wt oil and 140mm air gap, preload set to 25mm, forks dropped 5mm through, you need to drop front as the springs make the bike sit higher at the front (as standard they sag more), might go down another 5mm on mine for the summer.

hi popkat sorry but my bike knowledge is minimal how do you determine what weight of spring to get and just to prove my ignorance how do you set preload and what does it do :confused
Without sounding rude if your knowledge is small should you undertake this sort of task yourself? More from a safety point of view!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Hi, I got some and then took them to Roger to fit, What a difference it made the front end is really good :thumbup:
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

carmanbikes wrote:Hi, I got some and then took them to Roger to fit, What a difference it made the front end is really good :thumbup:
yeah but not as good as your ass end will be with ya new shiny thing :mrgreen:
vanstub

Post by vanstub »

Watty wrote:
vanstub wrote:

Without sounding rude if your knowledge is small should you undertake this sort of task yourself? More from a safety point of view!
i'll be getting someone to sort it for me just want to get everything together first and know my options :thumbup:
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

vanstub wrote:
carmanbikes wrote:Hi, I got some and then took them to Roger to fit, What a difference it made the front end is really good :thumbup:
yeah but not as good as your ass end will be with ya new shiny thing :mrgreen:
Hahaha hopefully :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

As long as the host (or someone local) has a steering stem stand it's do-able on a workshop day- suggest you also trawl the fork rebuild threads and decide what weight of oil you need, and let us know in advance and we'll make sure all the right kit is there.

While you're doing that job it's not much extra work to replace steering stem bearings if it needs doing. Again, forward planning needed as parts of the bearings need to go in a freezer overnight.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:As long as the host (or someone local) has a steering stem stand it's do-able on a workshop day- suggest you also trawl the fork rebuild threads and decide what weight of oil you need, and let us know in advance and we'll make sure all the right kit is there.

While you're doing that job it's not much extra work to replace steering stem bearings if it needs doing. Again, forward planning needed as parts of the bearings need to go in a freezer overnight.
All the kit at Grainstorm inc the freezer, you'd just need to post the bearings to me in advance...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=38611
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...