Paint shop recommendations wanted

General Bike chat
firestorm1997

Paint shop recommendations wanted

Post by firestorm1997 »

Hi All,

Not been around for a while as have been very busy.

I am currently in the process of giving my VTR a good tidy up, having just had a load of work done on the engine and new head stock bearings fitted am now looking to get the bike completely resprayed in original Italian Red. Reason behind this is the tank has a DEEP scratch which needs sorting and the N/S fairing has a scuff where I dropped it a few years back. Also orange peel effect on top of the fairing that needs to be sorted. I want to give the bike a proper makeover so if anyone knows a "Good" bike spray shop, please give me a shout. I have already purchased all VTR Decals so just need to get this sorted. I am after a show quality finish not a blow over as has already been offered for £100.. :twisted:
I already have one quote in but am after a couple more before I decide on where to take it.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations.. :thumbup:
MacV2

Re: Paint shop recommendations wanted

Post by MacV2 »

http://www.sudden-impactuk.com/

Top quality work IMO.

From this...

To this...

Not cheap but ya pays ya money... :thumbup:

BTW you coming along to...http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 14&t=38611

Mac...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Hi Mac
thanks for the link. Will give them a call and see what they quote.
Deffinatly intrested in Grainstorm but will have to see nearer the time as in France weekend before. :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

firestorm1997 wrote:Hi Mac
thanks for the link. Will give them a call and see what they quote.
Deffinatly intrested in Grainstorm but will have to see nearer the time as in France weekend before. :thumbup:
Make the call sitting down... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the guy who did my respray 5yrs ago, sadly passed away from cancer. he was very good, a real shame. I would have thought red not being one of the pearlescent colours would make it a reasonable price to respray, around the £400 to £500 for a very good finish.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

agentpineapple wrote:the guy who did my respray 5yrs ago, sadly passed away from cancer. he was very good, a real shame. I would have thought red not being one of the pearlescent colours would make it a reasonable price to respray, around the £400 to £500 for a very good finish.
cheers for the info. Have had a quote of nearly twice that amount so will keep looking, although not after the cheapest, just want the best finish I can get.
Not planning on selling the bike anytime soon so it really doesn't bother me spending a few quid on her. I believe the VTR is going to be a future classic so worth keeping hold of. Especially the Red ones... :thumbup: