Bikes your dad had/has.

General Bike chat
AndyEames

Bikes your dad had/has.

Post by AndyEames »

As per a suggestion I got when I introduced myself to the forum, I thought id start a thread talking about bikes your dad had,

Iv always been fascinated by bikes that my dad owned and thought id see if anyone shares the same obsession, it is after all why I own my dads old storm. I did do a write up in the welcome section a while back describing how I got hold of it. If anyones interested.

Apologies in advance if this has been covered before.

Ill kick it off then with a rare one, my dad used to have a moto martin cbx1000 fantastic looking bike with a six into one exhaust.

Lets hear it then lads....
lumpyv

Re: Bikes your dad had/has.

Post by lumpyv »

like most things we have done something a bit like this before but never mind :lol:

my dad had a francis barnet falcon and a Honda 250 with cantilever sort of suspension on the front ( + numerous others)
:thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

Thats awesome! I wonder how much that is worth nowadays?

My dad also had a kawasaki h2 triple which im told was a bit special back in the day!

Also worth adding, feel free to post pics up always nice to put a face to a name so to speak!
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

The bikes I can remember my dad having was Honda CB250N Superdream, CX500 x 2, VT500E, VFR750F(pre single sided swingarm), BMW K75S. He currently owns Bandit 600(1998), FZ6(2011), Trumpet T120R(1970) and next on the listto buy is a Laverda Jota 120.
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

Thats quite a collection there! I think ill ask mine and get a complete list from my dad, and try and post it.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

AndyEames wrote:Thats quite a collection there! I think ill ask mine and get a complete list from my dad, and try and post it.
you can see where I got my love of Honda, if it's good enough for dad it's good enought for me.
AndyEames

Post by AndyEames »

Agree! Although the majority of my dads bikes were kawasakis and I own a storm and an sv650s so not quite following the trend.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

AndyEames wrote:Agree! Although the majority of my dads bikes were kawasakis and I own a storm and an sv650s so not quite following the trend.
next bike on my list will be something along the lines of a tiger 1050, then to complete the collection an SP2......cheecky kev is keeping her dry and clean for me, ready for when I have the space to have her back. ;)
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Triumph Bonnies and both my grandads had Bonnies too .
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Lambretta
Triumph 650 or 500
Ariel square 4
Vincent black shadow
As well as the bike the AA gave him

Unfortunately I don't have the Lambretta :biggrin
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

old man only ever had farm bikes [TS100 suzuki, XL125 Honda etc] which me and my kid brother rode more than he did, then he moved to trikes and quads to get round the farm......... at which point us kids kept the old bikes till we killed them
AMcQ
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Only one I ever knew of for my old man was a 350 Royal Enfield back in the late 50`s, early 60`s. (Unfortunately both him and the bike are long gone now)
Virt

Post by Virt »

Can't remember what bikes my dad said he had when he was young (might have to ask him again), but I know that since he got back into biking a few years ago he's had;

Honda ST1100
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Aprilia RSV Mille
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
baldyman

Post by baldyman »

the last few i remember were
tribsa 650 (some sort of triumph bsa hybrid thing)
triumph bonneville
norton 850 commando
i remember he had a go on my old cb900f a few years after he gave up biking and said thats just ridiculous something that fast shouldnt be allowed on the road.
i wonder what he'd make of todays stuff :lol:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

My Grandfather used to ride a 200cc Lambretta , it lived in the hall. Until my old man at the grand old age of 11 managed to get it started, filled the house with 2 stroke fumes apparently. He & his sisters thought it was great fun until it woke every one up & their father came running down the stairs in horror, at the sight of all four of his kids sitting on the scoot & revving the butt off his lovely blue steed.

My Dad always used to say that he would like to die in his sleep like his father, not screaming & kicking like his pillion. :lol: :lol: