DRZ mot'ed, taxed and back on the road.

General Bike chat
geodude

DRZ mot'ed, taxed and back on the road.

Post by geodude »

8) 8)

Feels good to be back on the road, even if it is on dirt wheels.

I think there is something wrong with it though. The front wheel just doesn't seem to want to stay on the ground. Any advice? :twisted:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Watty

Re: DRZ mot'ed, taxed and back on the road.

Post by Watty »

geodude wrote:8) 8)

I think there is something wrong with it though. The front wheel just doesn't seem to want to stay on the ground. Any advice? :twisted:
Sounds normal to me mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

geodude wrote:8) 8)

Filled it with helium again geo lol
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's good news mate. It gives you a little something to lift your spirit and if you need some time out, you can hop on a go for a blast. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
geodude

Post by geodude »

Watty wrote:Sounds normal to me mate :thumbup:
:D
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
geodude

Post by geodude »

lloydie wrote:Filled it with helium again geo lol
Ah yeah, that's it :lol:
geodude

Post by geodude »

cybercarl wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

That's good news mate. It gives you a little something to lift your spirit and if you need some time out, you can hop on a go for a blast. :thumbup:

(:-})
Absolutely 8) :biggrin
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Thrash it mercilessly, that's what dirt bikes are for :thumbup:
AMcQ
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

The front wheel just doesn't seem to want to stay on the ground. Any advice?
Well, on Saturday trips to the local bike shop years ago, a few young lads on mopeds were asking me the usual "how fast does it go mister....pop a wheelie for us...do a burnout...."

I said I could not pop a wheelie anymore, cos I fitted my anti wheelie solution. I said I took the suggestion from all the GP racers back in the day, and it's how they all avoided pulling wheelies at the start of a race. They were all intrigued!

I explained "all you gotta do is put a heavier weight fork oil in the forks, and that keeps the front end down - wot with it being "heavier".

Quite a few said "oh, that's a good idea", and a few savvy one knew I was taking the piss.

Maybe you could try some in your DRZ. It might work?
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
geodude

Post by geodude »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
The front wheel just doesn't seem to want to stay on the ground. Any advice?
Well, on Saturday trips to the local bike shop years ago, a few young lads on mopeds were asking me the usual "how fast does it go mister....pop a wheelie for us...do a burnout...."

I said I could not pop a wheelie anymore, cos I fitted my anti wheelie solution. I said I took the suggestion from all the GP racers back in the day, and it's how they all avoided pulling wheelies at the start of a race. They were all intrigued!

I explained "all you gotta do is put a heavier weight fork oil in the forks, and that keeps the front end down - wot with it being "heavier".

Quite a few said "oh, that's a good idea", and a few savvy one knew I was taking the piss.

Maybe you could try some in your DRZ. It might work?
:clap: :clap: :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yeah a couple of concrete blocks on the handlebars should do the trick :wink: :lol:

Good news George :D

Chris.
geodude

Post by geodude »

sirch345 wrote:Yeah a couple of concrete blocks on the handlebars should do the trick :wink: :lol:

Good news George :D

Chris.
Ah ok. That shouldn't affect the handling much :P

Cheers Chris.
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

^ wot he said....

Concrete or breeze blocks aren't a bad idea, I agree.

But he'd never ride the bike with them on the bars.

Nope.

So, he needs to get a front basket off an old Honda PC50, and mount that in front of the headlight, resting on the mudguard (ala PC50)

Then, fill it with the bricks, old brake discs and cover it with a "lid" (an old sump). If he's handy with cable ties, he could hinge the sump on the basket. That way, it would stop the rain getting in. (yeah, ok, it's a mesh basket, but that's just being too firkin fussy with the technical details.)

That outa do the street cred wonders. Mind you, it'd be handy for blatting down to TESCO for a few bits n' pieces.

Never seen a DRZ with luggage capabilities before (and no, a backpack doesn't count). So, get going onto fleabay and track a basket down. (If you can't find one, look under the pet section. A cat wicker basket would do the same job)
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
geodude

Post by geodude »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:^ wot he said....

Nope.

So, he needs to get a front basket off an old Honda PC50, and mount that in front of the headlight, resting on the mudguard (ala PC50)

Then, fill it with the bricks, old brake discs and cover it with a "lid" (an old sump). If he's handy with cable ties, he could hinge the sump on the basket. That way, it would stop the rain getting in. (yeah, ok, it's a mesh basket, but that's just being too firkin fussy with the technical details.)

That outa do the street cred wonders. Mind you, it'd be handy for blatting down to TESCO for a few bits n' pieces.

Never seen a DRZ with luggage capabilities before (and no, a backpack doesn't count). So, get going onto fleabay and track a basket down. (If you can't find one, look under the pet section. A cat wicker basket would do the same job)

This is getting silly now. I have never read such nonsense in my life. Tesco? I mean Tesco?? Morrisons mate geesh :P
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:^ wot he said....

Nope.

:lol: :lol:

Well put it this way, a large concrete weight used to help to keep the front wheels of the tractor on the ground, when I used to help out in the school summer holidays to bring in the hay bales.

Funny you should mention a Honda PC50, I wouldn't admit it to everyone, but one of those fine specimens from Honda was my very first road legal set of powered wheels :shh: :lol: Mind you it never had any sort of basket on the front :)

Chris.