Loud cans to replace my crumbling Danmotos?

General Bike chat
toecutter

Loud cans to replace my crumbling Danmotos?

Post by toecutter »

Have a pair of Danmoto (cheap Chinese made junk) cans on my bike, love the sound but they are starting to fall to bits.

What are the best cans noise wise? Louder the better :cool2
lloydie

Re: Loud cans to replace my crumbling Danmotos?

Post by lloydie »

Scorpions :-) ck has a set for sale :-)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv a set of long quills. real low down growl at low revs then barks like a dog over 7k :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

fabiostar wrote:iv a set of long quills. real low down growl at low revs then barks like a dog over 7k :thumbup:
Yep that's what I have on mine :thumbup: very nice sound as they have larger bore 54mm iirc
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just run straight out the standard link pipes, that will be loud and you could spit flames :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Just run straight out the standard link pipes, that will be loud and you could spit flames :lol:

Tried that too once !!!
It was toooooooookiooooo fecking loud fun but crazy .
I think everyone should try it for a few miles just to see window shatter as you scream past the local shops at 10k !!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

lloydie wrote:
fabiostar wrote:iv a set of long quills. real low down growl at low revs then barks like a dog over 7k :thumbup:
Yep that's what I have on mine :thumbup: very nice sound as they have larger bore 54mm iirc
me too :thumbup:

sounds the b0llox :twisted:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
darkember

Post by darkember »

StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Got a set of cans with integrated link pipes and carbon cams. They also come with their own pegs and hangers. They are higher than standard but not as high as some. Nice sound but would need baffles for track day / MOT i.e. they are load. Scorpions

£160
i will post at cost

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/Stuar ... t=3&page=1

I will be off to stay in Dornoch near Inverness in a few hours may struggle to hook up with you if you where interested
Virt

Post by Virt »

I have some pipewerx for sale... look absolutely beautiful and they're both 4 inches short. Loud as wombles (feel free to ask Lloydie for a second opinion :lol: ) and really, really meaty sounding. Come with baffles too, although they literally do nothing :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

stubby or cut down shortened cans are usually very loud, but you won't really get an answer to your question, as sound is an individual thing, try listening to as many youtube clips as possible, at least that way you'll be able to narrow your search a bit.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep virts pipes are thunderously sounding and built well too
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I have tried the following on my bike and they are all different sounding, but good in their own way. The sound also is effected by the state of the packing material inside the can, if the packing is old and dead then the noise is harsh, if it is fresh the sound is nicer, with the pulses better defined..... you want a V2 to sound like a Ducati with a Termigoni race system fitted :D

1) Micron race pipes, no baffle - very noisy
2) Fully debaffled std cans - Mellow at idle, but with a good bark when you rev. Not too loud, but not quiet either.
3) Viper race cans, no baffle - not as loud as micron, but sound is harsh as you rev
4) Vipers with Baffle fitted - takes some noise off, perhaps close to the std debaffled pipes, but still a bit harsh.
5) Arrow street cans, but no baffles - not too loud, and good sound with each pulse.
6) Remus GrandPrix, no baffle - about as loud as the Vipers, perhaps a bit less, and a more mellow sound, but I think they need repacking.

still to fit:
Full Titainium big bore race system and cans - am told this is feckin loud, but it has been repacked since that assessment was made.

note that all these pipes are full length.

so for the sound I still liked the debaffled std cans best, but for the power curve the Remus pipes are the clear winner. Of the other bikes I have listened to I think CyberCarls sounds most like a Duc or SP2 :thumbup:
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

stubby or cut down shortened cans are usually very loud, but you won't really get an answer to your question, as sound is an individual thing, try listening to as many youtube clips as possible, at least that way you'll be able to narrow your search a bit.
+1
But online videos will give you an idea, not a true representation. For that you need to hear them in the flesh. Oh, and stubbies, cutdowns wont help your performance unless your at the top end all the time. You will loose the idle/low speed scavenging effect that gives one more oompgh.
Full Titainium big bore race system and cans - am told this is feckin loud, but it has been repacked since that assessment was made.
Packing cans can actually increase the volume. The tighter one packs it the louder it gets. Packing does take that rattly tinny sound away.
CyberCarls sounds most like a Duc or SP2 :thumbup:
They are SP2 cans :biggrin And since the re-pack they sound a bit different and don't shoot sparks and flames..

==============================Enter the Darkside
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

I have a set of remus gp high levels that have been shortened by 150mm, the give a nice mellow boom at idle with a loudish roar as revs increase I love em! :lol: only prob is at 5000 they produce just over 102db :oops: think I'll need some different cans for mallory! Carl, after shortening the cans it's really smoothed out the low pickup to about 4500 and feel s stronger above, maybe it's just me ! :shifty:
The cans I had before gave a nice boom but were a bit harsh sounding, no idea what they are they came on her from marty, but they look like scorpions
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.