New bike - Moriwaki race vtr

General Bike chat
Moriwakirc

New bike - Moriwaki race vtr

Post by Moriwakirc »

Hi everyone, after a few years off from racing my two ex revolution racing vtr1000's
The stage 2 and 3 ones which I think Yeti now has I have gone and bought another one from Japan!

(Yes roger, I might be asking for a stage 3 engine refresh, can we still get those pistons? New rods this time though!)

Thought you might like to see her, full factory bike 151bhp at the rear. Raced in the 8 and 6 hr races and did the all Japan Superbike.

Should be here in April time.

Regards

Kev L

Re: New bike - Moriwaki race vtr

Post by Kev L »

Nice looking piece of kit mate, bet April is going to seem a long way away!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:Stewy: what more can one say ! welcome and hello :thumbup:
YETI

Post by YETI »

HI Moriwakirc
nice bike :thumbup: ,
that baby is the real deal :cool2 .
Well done on your purchase :clap: .
Ref the stage 2 n 3 , i only have the stage 2 :(
mr gilson has the stage 3 .
What are you intending to do with it ? race ? trackdays ?
drool on it then give it a polish ? let me drool on it and i
could give it a polish ! .... please :D .
would be great to get these 3 together sometime , i
hope your local to me . :beer:
Ooooh i love MORIWAKI .

YETI..
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

YETI wrote:HI Moriwakirc
nice bike :thumbup: ,
that baby is the real deal :cool2 .
Well done on your purchase :clap: .
Ref the stage 2 n 3 , i only have the stage 2 :(
mr gilson has the stage 3 .
What are you intending to do with it ? race ? trackdays ?
drool on it then give it a polish ? let me drool on it and i
could give it a polish ! .... please :D .
would be great to get these 3 together sometime , i
hope your local to me . :beer:
Ooooh i love MORIWAKI .

YETI..
that is just obscene mr yeti.............. :eek2
great bike tho, i'm well jel....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

awesome machine - id love a hr on that :D :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

True beauty at it's best. I like Yeti's suggestion of getting the three together for some pics. Maybe one of the magazines could do a write up on them.

Welcome to the forum Moriwakirc.Will you be intending on hanging around or did you just want to show us this little beauty to drool over. With 151bhp you could do with a Spondon frame in that.

:beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Moriwakirc

Post by Moriwakirc »

Hi
The stage 2 bike with the spondon ears (I raced it in the late 90s) was great and goes real well, but all the stage 3 bikes in Japan never had the mod, sticking with the swing arm engine thing.

Whilst I never got on as we'll with the stage 3 bike (raced that one too) I think that was down to me having kids and realising I was spending too much of my family money on coming 10th every week !

Now just old and slow, but yes she will be thrashed on the track, spa, Le Mans, brands etc.
There is nothing like the left hander, blanchimont at Spa. 165mph flat in sixth with your left knee slider down. Should be good with the v twin noise echoing off the hills!
edds11

Post by edds11 »

I've just arrived................... :oops:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Moriwakirc wrote:Hi
The stage 2 bike with the spondon ears (I raced it in the late 90s) was great and goes real well, but all the stage 3 bikes in Japan never had the mod, sticking with the swing arm engine thing.

Whilst I never got on as we'll with the stage 3 bike (raced that one too) I think that was down to me having kids and realising I was spending too much of my family money on coming 10th every week !

Now just old and slow, but yes she will be thrashed on the track, spa, Le Mans, brands etc.
There is nothing like the left hander, blanchimont at Spa. 165mph flat in sixth with your left knee slider down. Should be good with the v twin noise echoing off the hills!
bit of a sado groupie, but i'd go to brands to see and hear you race it, would you consider entering the classic superbike series with it, or will it be just trackdays?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

bit of a sado groupie, but i'd go to brands to see and hear you race it, would you consider entering the classic superbike series with it, or will it be just trackdays?
I would most defo be up for that. I would bring my video camera as well and get some footage as it's not much travelling with my kit. :)

YETI

Post by YETI »

i would have to get my mate mikey goodfellow (champ of brands winner :thumbup: ) to ride mine,
i ride mine like a big soft girl ( no offence to big soft girlies meant ) if were talkin putting
money on it that is ? .
if its a photo session , mine will win hands down , she looks fast covered in a sheet :cool2
lookin forward to seeing the new addition to the uk posse ,
recon vtr1000.org has got to have the best line up of RACE storms " IN THE WORLD "
that lot .. wot they called ?? superchickenamerica must be sick as pigs :lol:

YETI..
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Where's gilson. Lets see if we can organise something like this for the early Summer or something. Where about's in the UK are you based Moriwakirc. You can put you area in under your avatar in your user profile if you want.

With regards to the superchickens I believe they have a few stage 1's and 2's over there, but none are true Mori race bikes including all the bodyworks, ramair etc.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

YETI wrote:i would have to get my mate mikey goodfellow (champ of brands winner :thumbup: ) to ride mine,
i ride mine like a big soft girl ( no offence to big soft girlies meant ) if were talkin putting
money on it that is ? .
if its a photo session , mine will win hands down , she looks fast covered in a sheet :cool2
lookin forward to seeing the new addition to the uk posse ,
recon vtr1000.org has got to have the best line up of RACE storms " IN THE WORLD "

YETI..
Bloody hell thats gonna be one hell of a lump of a big soft girl then ! 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

YETI wrote:recon vtr1000.org has got to have the best line up of RACE storms " IN THE WORLD "

YETI..
I can tell you that we select members of Firestormanada are green with envy......

Nice collection of bikes, boys. Just another blatant reminder of how paltry sportbike culture is here. Now, if we were to have a "chrome-off', wellllllllllllll............... :crazy:
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express