mirror extenders

General Bike chat
carpkisser

Re: mirror extenders

Post by carpkisser »

Had the chance to test mine properly. They're superb, transforming the rear view. Previously I got a good look at my arms but now I can see all I need. I'm 6'2", quite broad & don't see the need for 3" extensions. However my bike has Renthal bars so those with standard or other bars may feel differently.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The damn Bosch appear to be encroaching on your turf BSAbloke. Next it'll be Austria then Poland, -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mirror-extens ... 2412wt_981

might be time to take the stick out of the cupboard, dust it down and give them a damn good thrashing, the damnable cads. Never did play with a straight bat!!!!
yours radically
Major General Tarquin Fitzwilliam DDT (&bar)
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I've been thinking about bsabloke's extenders and if they had a hole drilled through the centre of them, they could be used for aftermarket mirrors with built in indicators. Take the GSXR ones for example. Cut the mounting off them, cut a slice of the bottom, drill a hole and they would mount straight onto bsabloke's extenders and the indicator wires could run through the centre. :think:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Smokinjoe73

Post by Smokinjoe73 »

I run gixr mirrors with no extenders and I can see clearly into my past. I even wired them and my led turn sigs to be running and turn sigs. The day I put them on it seemed everyone got out of my way in traffic from Queens to Manhattan.

Givi wingrack,CBR600 dash,CBR1000 forks, corbin, mario nava carbon fairing, 2bro carbon cans, vista cruise, GSXR mirrors.
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

Thanks kev.
I wonder how long thaese have been sold for. I have seen their website before.
The only reason i made my own was because there were non forsale elsewhere. & just being a tight git, I didn't want more expense buying different mirrors.
A bit pricey these but i like the look of the anodised finish. Something to look into.
Tich
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Shameless bump as people* were looking & cant work the search function...

* Tsk the yoot of today, more bothered with crazy hair styles & thinking their cool... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

MacV2 wrote:Shameless bump as people* were looking & cant work the search function..

* Tsk the yoot of today, more bothered with crazy hair styles & thinking their cool... :lol:
bookmarked it after your link. Pssht, the oldies of today. Not knowing how to save web pages for future, easy access :lol:

Besides, I am cool :wink: And my hair is only crazy if I don't straighten it :oops:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

all sorted folks cheers me dears..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

6 sets of extenders for sale, £25 including postage for forum members.
Same sets on ebay £25 + £4p&p
Thanks
Richard
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

aces-high

Post by aces-high »

I'll be up for a set but will have to wait till the end of the month as I've spent up already. If these have sold by then will you be making any more?
Cheers Ian.
chric

Post by chric »

What's best angle these to be set at as they seemed to vibrat a lot on motorway last week.
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Chris did you put all the original washers back in at the base on the original mirror fixing on the fairing. It's a tight fit but if you get all these in as well as the extender you should not be getting any vibrations. As for angle, set them to whatever is best for you, just make sure that everything is done up tight. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

hi chric
sorry to hear you are getting vibration on your mirrors. I have mine set not quite straight. but I don't think it matters. is anything loose? is the rubber gasket fitted inbetween the mirror & the fairing? even if all washers aren't fitted, there shouldn't be a problem, as long as everything is tight. I am only using the dome washer on the bottom. my only problem was not being able to tighten one mirror up good. the cheese material was crap. threads repaired now all ok.
let us know if all is ok.
5 more sets of extenders under construction.
richard
Gazfirestormowner

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

How much are the extenders I saw a few of u had them at the dyno day