Help...Thinking of selling my bike...

General Bike chat
Snoogle

Help...Thinking of selling my bike...

Post by Snoogle »

Dunno if this is in the right area of the forum or not and I'm sorry for not posting for a while and then jumping on and putting this but......

Just wondered what I am likely to get for it compared with a firestorm of the same age, mods mileage etc. Anybody have any ideas? :thumbdown:

Mines a 98 with 30 ish k (not pulled the cover off since mid summer so couldnt tell you the exact). All service mods have been done, recent tyres, brake pads, has a finned RR, upgraded battery, manual CCTs. I dare say if somebody was to put fairings back on it and flog it on it would be a VERY NICE bike for somebody. Or if somebody was to fiish it off, been an absolutely stonking *cough* 'Fighter *cough* lol

If pictures are needed then I'm sure I can get some tomorrow when I'm not at work and its not dark. If I was to sell it then whoever wanted it would also get all the spare parts that seem to have accumulated in the shed - Only god knows what is in there lol

I'm really gutted I am considering selling it as it has been my baby (and my first legal big bike), but have absolutely zero time to finish it and even less cash with the new house and everything else that seems to need doing. So answers on a post card please :cry:
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
Kev L

Re: Help...Thinking of selling my bike...

Post by Kev L »

Sorry to hear it's got to go fella, best of luck with the sale.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Long time no see. I think you should keep it as I don't believe you will get as much for it as you may want unless someone falls in love with the style. Unfortunately it's not often a modded/custom bike makes more than a clean standard bike. As for how much you should be asking for it I don't know, but you would certainly be better off waiting until the the spring. Now is not the best time to be selling bikes.

(:-})

==============================Enter the Darkside
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

To be honest If it still looked like that I'd probably be keeping it lol But I want to release some extra funds and to be honest having a bike just stood there seems a waste when somebody else could be having enjoyment out of it :crazy:

I understand the ins and outs and I appreciate your view Carl :thumbup:
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Snoogle if you was sat in a boat then I would be sat right next to you lol!

Alatlely Iv been have thoughts of swapping my vtr for an enduro bike......
I can't seam to shake this crazy idea!

I think maybe it's because I havnt riden the vtr for ages! :-(
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Thanks mate, makes me feel a touch better about my decision. :thumbup:

I'll be honest I havent taken this decision lightly, it's just been one of them things I've been thinking about for a while :thumbdown:
hugeduck

Post by hugeduck »

i'm likeing that exhaust mate, does it come out both sides?

i reckon as is you'll get 1500 for it but it will take ages to sell unless you get lucky. if you stick some fairings on i reckon your still looking at 1500 but it'll sell quicker. if youve got anything trick on it (ohnlins shock etc) take it off and sell seperately. but thats just my view :thumbup:

fookin nice bike though mate, love a good streetfighter (and yes to me this is a streetfighter lol :shh: )
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

If you get £1000 as is and at this time of year I think you'll be lucky.

Are there any 'trick bits' in the spares bin or on it you could sell separately? or at least get the fairings back on and fettle it back to good nick standard.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

good luck with the sale :thumbup:
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I've been looking at a 98 fightered storm with blade forks and about 21k on the clock. I can get it for £900. But can't deside weather to take the plunge or wait and spend a bit more on a more standard storm that is a bit newer!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

NO snoogly woogly!!!!!!!
shame to hear your thinking of selling your baby, a very nice looking bike indeed, did you get the r6 seat unit on?
as its been said wrong time of year for it, goodluck with the sale, if i was you i'd do what lee's doing, wack it on ebay for £2000 and wait and see... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

Thanks for the replys guys...this is how she sits currently

StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Snoogle heres my pennies worth.

looking at you're bike I would say it looks very nice, however to put an amount of money on it would be very hard, the problem with street fighters is that the average buyer has taken the advice of the like of MCN and stay well, well clear of street fightered bikes. Only a small portion of customers seek out street fightered bike, this is you're first problem.

The second problem is this, as great and nice as Firestorms are, they are a buyers goldmine and a sellers nightmare. The Honda Firestorm has the least favourible image in the V twin sports market, and often desribed as marmite bike, you either love em or hate them, and in the market these days pre 2000 1 litre bikes are not very desirable anyway due to people tightning their belts, and this time of the year :( .

Personally if you can I would return it back to standard and take off the bolt on bits and sell them on Ebay and put the bike up for around the £1200 mark or £1700 if you want to have it for a while.

You could stick it up as it is for around £900 but be prepared to get beaten down on the price.

You could break the bike and sell the parts off, I have never done this, but this seems a favourible option these days.

OR you could stick it on Ebay as a swop or sell, and keep your fingers crossed, you will get messed about, but you may get what you want with a swap.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Keep an eye on this and see how much if/it sells for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-HONDA-VT ... 4d07862218

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside