new tyres :)

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

Re: new tyres :)

Post by bigtwinthing »

seb421 wrote:METZLER M7 RR

THE KING OF ROAD TYRES

Most of the Gixxer gang have swapped over to this new tyre, its ferking amazing, had it on about a month or more now and its simply the best tyre ive ever used no wonder its coming top in the mags

using a 190 / 55 on the rear and the contour and contact patch is amazing
my mate has those on his K5 and swears by them, i may try them next ( probably next week the amount of miles iam doing lately)
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

One thing with them the need to have less pressure in them to work well, I would usually have 36, 40/42 with the pilot Road series, these feel awful at those levels, well not awfull but to sensitive and twitchy, 34 front and 36/37 on the rear on the M7 RR and they are brilliant
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Virt

Post by Virt »

What have you found the wear like on them, Seb?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Very good mate so far done about 1500 on them most of that has been twisty rides tho
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Don't laugh guys but I have just fitted my second set of Dunlop Sportsmax Qualifiers to my Storm.

I bought a set about 10,000klms ago as a cheap option for a long ride home on the Storm from my job in Queensland .The trip was about 2600Klms and to say I was surprised at their all round performance would be an understatement.

I have only just replaced them after 13 months and I went with them again.

I get them for $330 Oz shipped to my door and they are made in France.

One of the reasons I think they are so good it that the technology in them matches our bikes frame and suspension systems.

Remember that our bikes are designed to flex and that when they were released they came with soft side walled tyres that were developed to compliment the bike.

They feel and perform much better than the Michelins that were new on the bike when I got it.

So if I can find another set I will be buying them and putting them aside. :beer: :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

Does anybody here have experience with the Dunlop Road Smart II on the Storm? I'm a bit in between, RoadSmart or the SportSmart.
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

-Floris- wrote:Does anybody here have experience with the Dunlop Road Smart II on the Storm? I'm a bit in between, RoadSmart or the SportSmart.
funny enough from a recomendation from Tony M, I have just purchased Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II for the Storm, just waiting for them to be delivered and put on the wheels after I have had them powdercoated, btu will not get to try them till my first big ride out in May with the storm boys. So you don't ask, I purchased them from http://www.mytyres.co.uk £118 for the rear and £82 for the front, about the cheapest I could find.
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

bazza696 wrote:
-Floris- wrote:Does anybody here have experience with the Dunlop Road Smart II on the Storm? I'm a bit in between, RoadSmart or the SportSmart.
funny enough from a recomendation from Tony M, I have just purchased Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart II for the Storm, just waiting for them to be delivered and put on the wheels after I have had them powdercoated, btu will not get to try them till my first big ride out in May with the storm boys. So you don't ask, I purchased them from http://www.mytyres.co.uk £118 for the rear and £82 for the front, about the cheapest I could find.
Ah I see, then probably I will get to try them sooner, as for now I'm leaning towards the Roadsmarts. Thanks for the tip, but I still have a coupon worth 100 euro (around 75 gbp for you guys) to spend at the dealer, so I'll use it for the tires :)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv just went and bought one of those maxxis diamond rears after having a look at one. they seem to be getting decent reports and theres a few folk selling them for £59 so gotta be worth a try.. if you hear me looking for footrests and fairing shortly you will know not to buy one :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Anyone used oponeo.co.uk for their tyres ?
I'm after a set of Michelin pr3s and they're the cheapest so far.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

templ8 wrote:Anyone used oponeo.co.uk for their tyres ?

I use mytyres.co.uk, and just comparing your site to mine, and the PR3 are £99 on your site, £**.30 on mytyres, therefore a bit of a saving.

I am putting PR3's on the FZ6 this year.
templ8

Post by templ8 »

bazza696 wrote:
templ8 wrote:Anyone used oponeo.co.uk for their tyres ?

I use mytyres.co.uk, and just comparing your site to mine, and the PR3 are £99 on your site, £**.30 on mytyres, therefore a bit of a saving.

I am putting PR3's on the FZ6 this year.
The pr3 front is £69 on oponeo vs £84.90 on my tyres with the delivery and the rear is £91 on oponeo and £123.60 on mytyres. £160 versus £208.50
What I don't like about mytyres is the fact that the advertised price is different to the price that appears in the basket.
I'm going to try oponeo, any bother and it's covered by the credit card.
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

-Floris- wrote:
bazza696 wrote:
Ah I see, then probably I will get to try them sooner, as for now I'm leaning towards the Roadsmarts. Thanks for the tip, but I still have a coupon worth 100 euro (around 75 gbp for you guys) to spend at the dealer, so I'll use it for the tires :)
I had them fitted last week, 152 eur for the rear and 119 eur for the front (108/84). Also Dunlop now has a deal so when you buy a set of tires you get a coupon worth 30 eur to spend on fuel :D (in the Netherlands that is, I don't know about over there)

I've only driven 60 km's so far, so I haven't pushed them yet. My first impression is :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Fitted another Sportsmart2 rear last weekend, got ripped off on price but it was the only dealer near enough to ride to with one in stock- £170 fitted ride-in, ride-out.
Front one is going on tomorrow, Watling Tyres is going to fit the front to a loose wheel for £115.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:Fitted another Sportsmart2 rear last weekend, got ripped off on price but it was the only dealer near enough to ride to with one in stock- £170 fitted ride-in, ride-out.
Front one is going on tomorrow, Watling Tyres is going to fit the front to a loose wheel for £115.
Hope the pressures are correct then you wont have to check them for another year... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...