Video test

General Bike chat
Miztaziggy

Re: Video test

Post by Miztaziggy »

Some more mounting stuff has arrived today :D

I have got pretty much everything needed now, only thing left is the metal tank mount.

Set up so far:
Clamp mount on to crash bung. This is quite secure so im hoping it will give some steady footage. It can be angled and turned round to face forward or backward.

Swing arm mount, can be positioned to get a good rear view (hoping this will be good for the ride outs) and can aim forward to get knee down action.

Screen mount will be good for getting plain forward footage in the ride out or good scenic footage.

99p little tripod with flexible legs and a tripod screw :) I am going to keep this under the seat and use it to get drive by footage from the side of the road on good corners. Should be able to get it on my own with this.
geodude

Post by geodude »

Nice one. Perhaps list exactly what you have with links so;

a) Others can see what you have bought and done
b) I can use the links to get the same stuff :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just a thought but on the swingarm you could remove the paddock stand bobbin and put a bit of threaded bar and a nut in it's place. Remove the camera mount all together and screw the camera directly to the thread and lock it off with the nut. That would be very secure. I don't like the thought of relying on sticky pads. I would either cable tie that mount on as well or put a screw through it into the swingarm. Loving the mount around the crash mushroom. It also benefits from being far away out from the bike to get a good view. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

geodude wrote:Nice one. Perhaps list exactly what you have with links so;

a) Others can see what you have bought and done
b) I can use the links to get the same stuff :thumbup:
Lol :lol:

Here is what I bought:

Spare sticky stuff for GoPro mounts:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290813734443? ... 1423.l2649

GoPro mounting kit. This comes with the clamp and the sticky mounts plus a load of little pieces to get any angle you like :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230947564960? ... 1497.l2649

GoPro conversion adaptor. This thing screws into a tripod hole and then fits to any normal GoPro mounts.
http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/gopro-mount-adapter

Flexible tripod
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251088716945? ... 1497.l2649

And yes, I have bought a load of tie wraps to secure it when it's on sticky mounts.
When on the front it'll be secured to mirror. When on crash bung ill secure it to fairing. When on the swing arm, ill secure it to the swing arm itself.

But, I really do like that idea and that would give VERY steady footage :) I might try that. Only thing is getting something that screws into the swingarm at one end, and the camera at the other.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

some nice kit you have there mate, and very good picture quality aswell, i'm not sure i could trust those suction cup thingy's..... :lol:
imagine a helmet cam when riding a v-twin with all the engine breaking, up down up down..... :crazy:
i suppose to be really professional, you'd need to mount several camera's on the bike at once. but that would be silly money, i look forward to seeing more vids, but put your boots on next time, i have trainers on when i crashed and broke my leg, if i'd had my boots on i wouldn't have broke the leg.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
playerone

Post by playerone »

Miztaziggy wrote: only thing left is the metal tank mount.
I've got one of those and the vibration through it was horrendous, at least when I used my normal camera as a cam, not tried it with the HD170 :thumbdown:
geodude

Post by geodude »

Couldn't resist. Ended up getting the budget Go Pro 3

[youtube][/youtube]
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Nice one geo, which one are you calling the budget, the silver?
geodude

Post by geodude »

Miztaziggy wrote:Nice one geo, which one are you calling the budget, the silver?
Yeah. :)
playerone

Post by playerone »

pedal quicker :lol: :lol: :lol:
geodude

Post by geodude »

playerone wrote:pedal quicker :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was getting into the right gear to start with :P
geodude

Post by geodude »

Correction, its the HERO3: White Edition
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

geodude wrote:Correction, its the HERO3: White Edition
So what's it like? How does it compare to other cameras you have?

You need a nice big pack of mounts now :D
geodude

Post by geodude »

Miztaziggy wrote:
geodude wrote:Correction, its the HERO3: White Edition
So what's it like? How does it compare to other cameras you have?

You need a nice big pack of mounts now :D
It's really going to be my second camera. I will replace the drift at somepoint in the future. Either with the drift ghost or the HERO3 Black. Not sure yet.

Not really had much chance to test it out really. I've mounted up the bike, although I've put one on at a dodgy angle :evil: I already had the suction mount from when I had the SD Hero and it fits great on the tank and front fairing.

Monopoly Mayhem is going to be the test. Out of the box it's set on 960 30fps which the video is above. I've set it to 1080 30fps. Lets see how it goes.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I have noticed today that the mount on the crash bung is the steadiest of the mounts, but, at a certain rev range, the vibration must be resonating in the camera somehow.

The picture distorts, almost as if the camera is looking through a heat haze, if you know what I mean.

Not sure what could be vibrating in the camera to cause that, or how to fix it really. Maybe ill try a rubber piece between the mount and the crash bung to dampen any engine vibration.