nearly finished. a quick update....

General Bike chat
rob...

Re: nearly finished. a quick update....

Post by rob... »

seb421 wrote:
BigVeeGrin wrote:that is something else!

Philosophical question - when is a Storm not a Storm?
when its in a different frame
should i leave?? lol.

what about if i put, say, a buell motor in a storm frame?? surely that'd be less of a storm than mine??
the legal identity lives with the unmodified main cradle of the frame, but the character and 'soul' of a storm is the motor. or not??
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

Really looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Can you do softail frames as well?
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
rob...

Post by rob... »

yes m8, any frame, any shape. 8)
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

:clap: admire/ envy your engineering skill

hate the handlebars.

is it a chopper?

how much will it weigh when its finished do you think?
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
rob...

Post by rob... »

there's a story to the bars... i'll post it when i've got more time.
it can be a chopper if you like... 8)
weight... well, the frame's heavier than a standard one, but everything else is much lighter, (except the bars, lol). not much in it, i don't expect.
aces-high

Post by aces-high »

lumpyv wrote::clap: admire/ envy your engineering skill
+1

That said, each to their own an all that, but I do think it's vile. 8O :Shock1:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's got the same fuel capacity as a storm Mmmm

There is one big bonus with a bike like this. When it comes to selling it, you don't have to start pulling it apart and putting the original parts back on. :lol: :lol:

Have Fun :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
rob...

Post by rob... »

bar choice...

i tired straights, drags, harley beach bars... none of them looked right, so for a laugh i balanced the apes on the top yoke. they stayed there.
just balanced, stainless on ally, so no magnetism or anything, on the top yoke with the bike on it's side stand, outside, in a busy industrial estate, in force 3-4 wind, vans and lorries driving past, people walking close past the bike, and they just stayed there, balanced. for over 3 hours 'til i took them off.

weird.

so they had to go on, really.

and i think they really suit it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

rob... wrote:bar choice... they just stayed there, balanced. for over 3 hours 'til i took them off.

So that's it- you need to look at it for three hours, after that it starts to look ok.....

But never mind that, doesn't the rain run down your sleeves when riding it?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
rob...

Post by rob... »

tony.mon wrote: But never mind that, doesn't the rain run down your sleeves when riding it?
dunno, it's not fininshed yet.....
rob...

Post by rob... »

update.......

ridden in torrential rain, sleeves dry!! :cool2

paintwork was too gaudy, gone back to satin black. gotta move the sidestand up a bit, it ploughs furrows on left handers.
the stainless auxillary fuel tank under the seat split and sprayed fuel all over the rear downpipe. gonna do away with it and fit a leather pannier on the left side with a fuel cell in it. wasn't sure if i'd take to the bars or not, but they're great!!!
handles fine as long as you avoid the big pot-holes, single HSR 40mm flatslide mikuni on my home made stainless manifold works a treat, i guessed the jetting and got it spot on first go! (pilot screw 1 3/4 turns out, needle on centre clip, 2mm drill thru the main jet), no hesitation, no flat-spot, pulls like a train, goes like f*ck.

seb421

Post by seb421 »

rob... wrote:update.......

ridden in torrential rain, sleeves dry!! :cool2

paintwork was too gaudy, gone back to satin black. gotta move the sidestand up a bit, it ploughs furrows on left handers.
the stainless auxillary fuel tank under the seat split and sprayed fuel all over the rear downpipe. gonna do away with it and fit a leather pannier on the left side with a fuel cell in it. wasn't sure if i'd take to the bars or not, but they're great!!!
handles fine as long as you avoid the big pot-holes, single HSR 40mm flatslide mikuni on my home made stainless manifold works a treat, i guessed the jetting and got it spot on first go! (pilot screw 1 3/4 turns out, needle on centre clip, 2mm drill thru the main jet), no hesitation, no flat-spot, pulls like a train, goes like f*ck.

that is cool as wombles mate love the pipe work on the engine
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Rob, I was very sure I was going to hate this, but despite it not being my cup of tea, the workmanship and imagination have blown me away! :thumbup:

Top marks for a mad VTR :beer:
AMcQ
rob...

Post by rob... »

AMCQ46 wrote:Rob, I was very sure I was going to hate this, but despite it not being my cup of tea, the workmanship and imagination have blown me away! :thumbup:

Top marks for a mad VTR :beer:

thanks. 8)
i appreciate it won't be most members' cuppa, but there may be a few ideas people can nick.... the oil lines and mounting the bigger cooler, running the single rad etc.
the big bore exhaust works well and sounds awesome....
rob...

Post by rob... »

[youtube][/youtube]