Project Blue Belle

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
StormyRob

Re: Project Blue Belle

Post by StormyRob »

moto1818 wrote:Sorry to hear that you've been lied to, I'm sure that it won't be the last time I'm afraid. The older I get the more disappointed I get with folk, the good guys seem to be getting thin on the ground! I sincerely hope you get stuck back in and don't let this cretin get best of you? I have followed this project with a lot of interest and I was looking forward to more and I'm certain you can turn out a quality project.

I get lied to all the time in work. Should have known better!!
This new bike won't be too much of a project. I'll do that again in a few years. For now I want a nice clean storm
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Reverse image searches are old hat. Been around for years and is something that is often used to find copyright breaches. It's not the only tools online that can used. Think PI and how folk are hunted down and what tools are at hand, especially if one is prepared to pay for services. Then there are the tools the big boys have at hand along with supercomputers :wink:

The Internet world is like the wild west and it works both ways. For how much good there is out there, there is just as much bad and security and privacy is something that is often abused or over looked on both ends of the spectrum. It's like a game of cops and robbers...a one-upmanship game that can never be won on either side Something comes out and then something comes out to counter act it.

Social engineering and human psychology plays a big part in this. Just look how easily one puts their trust in someone that wears a fluorescent vest as they appear to be someone of authority or someone wearing a suit is often stereotyped into a certain category. Why do you think people wear uniforms, in the same way that someone wearing Muslim clothing can be seen as a terrorist. Brainwashed by society and the nature of human psychology. As the old saying goes.....never judge a book by it's cover and that is exactly what places like facebook and forums can be used for. Hunting grounds for seeking a target, finding their vulnerability, gaining their trust and then move on in for the kill.

Thanks for posting. Tread carefully folk especially where money is concerned.
Last edited by VTRDark on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

That is proper sh1t Rob, I would not have been so reserved in my approach to getting the money and bike back, well done for holding onto your temper and dealing with it in the way you did, he is not the only one on here though that has a habit of screwing people over. I will not mention names though.

I posted in your other post about the bearings and that. They have been sat around still sealed in there packaging so if you need them send me your address and you can have them for the price of postage. If you look under my for sale post you'll see the part numbers and if you need them send me a PM.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

thanks for sharing your bad experience, sometimes we get too comfortable with the honest & genuine people that we find in this forum, and lulled into a false sense of security & trust.

I was in discussion with matt about buying the PFM disc and calipers last yr and I would like thank the other members who contacted me and told me to take care......... looks like a lucky escape.
AMcQ
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Save you looking Rob, these are the parts.

Part numbers are
90304-GE8-003 shock pivot swingarm mount nut
90102-MBB-000 shock pivot swingarm mount bolt
52463-MEE-000 shock pivot swingarm sway bar
91072-KT7-003P (X2) shock pivot swingarm needle bearings
91262-KV3-831P (X3) dust seals for either shock pivot swingarm mount or engine mount.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTR Phoenix wrote:Save you looking Rob, these are the parts.

Part numbers are
90304-GE8-003 shock pivot swingarm mount nut
90102-MBB-000 shock pivot swingarm mount bolt
52463-MEE-000 shock pivot swingarm sway bar
91072-KT7-003P (X2) shock pivot swingarm needle bearings
91262-KV3-831P (X3) dust seals for either shock pivot swingarm mount or engine mount.

Mate you are an absolute legend. That's a whole kit. I genuinely appreciate that! Send me a pm and I'll send the postage once you know what it is!

Thank you again!
Last edited by StormyRob on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTR Phoenix wrote:That is proper sh1t Rob, I would not have been so reserved in my approach to getting the money and bike back, well done for holding onto your temper and dealing with it in the way you did, he is not the only one on here though that has a habit of screwing people over. I will not mention names though.

I posted in your other post about the bearings and that. They have been sat around still sealed in there packaging so if you need them send me your address and you can have them for the price of postage. If you look under my for sale post you'll see the part numbers and if you need them send me a PM.

I wouldn't get very far if I threatened him or anything like that. The first thing he would do is call Sussex police professional standards...which he threatened to do actually. I told him if he didn't give me my money I'd have him prosecuted. He then told me that was blackmail at which point I gave him a lesson in law in that it's not blackmail if it's money you are legally entitled to!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sorry to hear of all your problems Rob, but pleased to hear you are on the way back up now,

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

sirch345 wrote:I'm sorry to hear of all your problems Rob, but pleased to hear you are on the way back up now,

Chris.
Thanks Chris. I've ordered quite a bit over the last two-day or so and literally ten minutes ago reached the budget and then a tiny bit more which I'll have to explain to the boss. She should be OK with it as she wants me to have a half decent storm. Definitely a lesson learned mate.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

StormyRob wrote:
sirch345 wrote:I'm sorry to hear of all your problems Rob, but pleased to hear you are on the way back up now,

Chris.
Thanks Chris. I've ordered quite a bit over the last two-day or so and literally ten minutes ago reached the budget and then a tiny bit more which I'll have to explain to the boss. She should be OK with it as she wants me to have a half decent storm. Definitely a lesson learned mate.
That's all sounding good :thumbup:
It'll all depend on how big that tiny bit is :lol:

All joking aside, it sounds like you have a very supporting and understanding wife,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. What an arsehole of a fella. I have had dealings with quite a few on this site and found the ones I dealt with completely and utterly trustworthy. So please don't let that w nker put you off.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

jesus H. iv just read through that. what an utter Hippo of a person. Glad to see Rob you got out the other side with your shirt on :thumbup: .. and god knows how you held your temper, flowers like that shouldnt be near this site cause theres a lot of straight up guys on here...

Rob
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Thanks fellas! Yea I got away ok. Could have been a lot worse. I dread to think what the outcome would have been had I not been in my job.

The fellas on here are fantastic and he represents none of that. Put this up as a word of warning after a lot of thinking.

Going strong now. And decided to go with a candy blue and gold wheel colour scheme. Similar to what I was going to do before!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

There may be copyright issues here! Hmmmm I may consult with Mac's arachnid advisor and employ the services of Messrs Grabbit and Shagem.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

StormyRob wrote:Thanks fellas! Yea I got away ok. Could have been a lot worse. I dread to think what the outcome would have been had I not been in my job.

The fellas on here are fantastic and he represents none of that. Put this up as a word of warning after a lot of thinking.

Going strong now. And decided to go with a candy blue and gold wheel colour scheme. Similar to what I was going to do before!
good idea Rob. better of to start with a slow blue one and build up lol :kneel:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: