US/UK VTR Project.

A place for you to list your ongoing bike projects
lloydie

Re: US/UK VTR Project.

Post by lloydie »

StuartWags wrote:grab the forks when it is up on the with the front wheel in the air. if they rock back and forth and movement is in the head bearings you can adjust. under the top yoke there is a nut that is locked and held with a tab. .... after adjustment the back and forth play should gone but you should be able to rotate from lock to lock without any notchyness or stiffness.

I have several sets of head stock bearing kicking about if it aint right
You can do all that while wheeling it ? Your my hero lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

But I don't wana take it all appart again.
If a job is worth doing, its worth doing correctly.
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Nice bins! :cool2 :D
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

I'm really torn on the looks of this bike. I half of me wants to chop it up and fighter it: http://www.superstreetbike.com/honda-vt ... er-part-22. The other half wants to do this: http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/mo ... awk-20123/

The fighter requires modifications such as welding brackets for the radiator, finding a "fighter" front fairing/headlight and purchasing the bar conversion. I have found the SP1 race fairing for 160 € which, at the current exchange rate to the us dollar, is about $160. Thats a steel in my book. By going that route, I would have to custom mount some headlights and maybe make brackets for the fairing near the foot pegs. Less fabrication involved in that option and my new tail section would look better with the full fairing vs. a fighter look. I do love the "less is more" appoach though.

Any input guys/gals?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Fairings all the way. A street fightered bike 9 times out of 10 looks like a crash damaged bike. And with these bike unless you go single rad up front they look shite. But that only my opinion. Plenty of folk like the crash damaged/parts missing look.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

I'm not going to argue against someone elses opinion and defend the "fighter" look. That would be dumb. I just know what I like and I'm sure you will agree, people can do what they like with their bikes. Its part of what makes us human.

To complete the looks of this bike with its half fairing, it needs to have the lower fairing. Ive looked at all the available belly fairings and I don't like any of them. I refuse to buy one what is made of ABS, which basically eliminates most of them and the one fiberglass on that l've found (which actually covers more of the bike then most) makes the VTR look pregnant. The RC51 fairings fit the bike (if put on correctly), leave room for customization (headlight placement) and actually covers more of the bike then any stock fairing/belly fairing combination...period. Also, with every car or bike I have ever owned, I've strived to make it look different then every other car/bike like it on the road. This fairing fits the bill.

With all that being said, I LOVE the look of that green fighter I linked. I know that style isnt for everyone, but that one was done correctly. I like that its lighter, probably as light as one could get that bike without resorting to carbon fiber… its deffinatly different than 90 percent of the VTRs out their, and no duh leaves room for customization.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Of course Chris different folks and different strokes and all that. Let me throw another option into the mix here. You should scroll through the rest of the thread too for more ideas/inspiration.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 38#p240428

:thumbup:

chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

I think it looked better with the yellow paint. The combination of the lowered front end, the properly placed and sized headlight and the tail are what really makes this bike. I had actually seen the picture in its black form and actually didnt like it. I guess it was the lighting or the black paint.
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

Mounted turn signals, correcltly torqued the frame engine bolts twice (forgot to add the red Loctite the first time) and mounted the licence plate/bracket.

I should probably change my sig, I didn't correctly mount the turn signals. I kinda cheated by using a glue gun instead if epoxy. Its booked in for an mot on Wed so I just needed them mounted. I'll go through them later and mount them correctly.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I like the front indi's. I always did wonder what that type would look like mounted to the bike. Have you got some rears too. The built in ones that come with some of those LED brake lights will fail an MOT and should be disabled.

chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

cybercarl wrote:I like the front indi's. I always did wonder what that type would look like mounted to the bike. Have you got some rears too. The built in ones that come with some of those LED brake lights will fail an MOT and should be disabled.

Thanks for the heads up. I didnt know that. I do have another set. I'll just have to wire them up tonight. Does the led ones in the break light have to be disabled? Its a petty because they look great integrated.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

chrisgreer23 wrote:
cybercarl wrote:I like the front indi's. I always did wonder what that type would look like mounted to the bike. Have you got some rears too. The built in ones that come with some of those LED brake lights will fail an MOT and should be disabled.

Thanks for the heads up. I didnt know that. I do have another set. I'll just have to wire them up tonight. Does the led ones in the break light have to be disabled? Its a petty because they look great integrated.

I had a bike with the built in LED rear light job thing. The geezer i got the bike from said it passed its MOt with them. But to be honest they were not that good in the day with the light or brake light on. This could have been down to cheap kit
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

my mot guy is a good guy, he doesn't care if the bike has a stupidly loud exhaust, but even he won't allow the intergrated rear lights.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chrisgreer23

Post by chrisgreer23 »

Can I use regular turn signals and the integrated ones?