Yellow Tank 16lt

Moderator: VTRDark

MacV2

Yellow Tank 16lt

Post by MacV2 »

Has any one got a Yellow * 16ltr fule tank ?

Not to fussed on paint condition, minor dings/dents, lack of sender or petcock ** but must be rust free on the inside!

* Early Yella Y-124P not the sickly late yella buttercap shade... :lol:

** Obviously a perfect paint with no dents & all the bits would be nice... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lanny

Re: Yellow Tank 16lt

Post by lanny »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am Has any one got a Yellow * 16ltr fule tank ?

Not to fussed on paint condition, minor dings/dents, lack of sender or petcock ** but must be rust free on the inside!

** Obviously a perfect paint with no dents & all the bits would be nice... :thumbup:
This any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR-10 ... SwLJ9aITKA ???
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lanny wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:26 am
MacV2 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am Has any one got a Yellow * 16ltr fule tank ?

This any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR-10 ... SwLJ9aITKA ???

Seen that thanks Lanny...The less I can pay the better... :lol: :lol:

There are a few others on there at the moment, all seem to be around the same money...Rather my cash went to someone on here TBH.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

You could make a silly offer for my Nephews bike. It's the right colour.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 pm You could make a silly offer for my Nephews bike. It's the right colour.
:lol: :lol:

I think I have enough whole bikes as it is Kermit...

7 & one on the way some time in the next couple of months...

However when you say silly... £2.50 a packet of hob nobs...that any good... :lol: :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 pm
KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 pm You could make a silly offer for my Nephews bike. It's the right colour.
:lol: :lol:

I think I have enough whole bikes as it is Kermit...

7 & one on the way some time in the next couple of months...

However when you say silly... £2.50 a packet of hob nobs...that any good... :lol: :lol:
Mmmmmm. Hobnobs....

Two packets and he might start thinking about it.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:36 am

Feck off :Finger3: and I was going to give you a really nice mint silver one for free.. as long as you can scrape the rust out the inside :P and I'm going to tell the yellow things stable mate what you said, the angry little f**ker of an MT10 might get all protective :twisted:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This is the stuff for cleaning rust inside tanks.
fuel tank cleaning kit

These guys know what they are doing and I can't recommend Bilt Hamber products enough, and they are based in Essex so supporting UK industries and to top it off their products are enviromentally friendly. Surfex HD is my No.1 degreasant and cleaner for many things under different dilutions. I buy 5l at a time, a water based product that will clean manky wheels and grease better than any acid. Just don't ever spray onto a hot engine, especially neat :roll: It can be watered down to about 90% for a very weak lubricant. A miracle product. :thumbup:

Get some for the garage you wont regret it, even if you only use it to clean an oily floor. I spray it on spilt oil on the paving slabs with 70 water/30 HD to 60/40 mix, scrub lighty with broom and hose down. The only problem with it, is that those slabs stand out cleaner than the rest of the yard. :lol: I also use it to clean out my oil draining bucket. Spray it neat on the inside of a thickly greased up manky sprocket cover and agitate with a stiff brush, rinse and you will be amazed. It has many uses from strong mix to weak mix; cleaning up grease to carpet cleaning to wiping down the Kitchen work surface.

Watch the the first 2:30 mins of the following video, or even the whole thing if you can:
==============================Enter the Darkside
popkat

Post by popkat »

The tank rust cleaning kit can only be phosphoric acid, which you can buy, I have some I've used a couple of times, think it's 85%, had 4 litre then mixed with 3 litres of water, cleans surface rust really well and leaves a fine coating, pour it back into the tubs and reuse it next time. hardest part of it is sealing up the holes in the tank so it doesn't leak while cleaning, with that mix I gave it half an hour on each part of the tank, bottom/side/side and top rotating the tank each time, drain out then wash tank out with a hose pipe, you must then get it fully dry asap, drain out and sit there for a long time with a hair dryer, summer is the best time to do it.

Phosphoric acid is drain cleaner, concrete cleaner, it's in coke although much much weaker, you can pour it down the sink as it'll clean the pipes, if you get it on your paintwork wash it off straight away but it shouldn't damage the paint.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Do you still need a tank. I have Tony's old one if you do.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Richard wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm Do you still need a tank. I have Tony's old one if you do.

Has it still got that just never cleaned look about it ? :lol: :lol:

If its rust free inside I'd be after a look... i'll PM you...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:49 pm
Richard wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 pm Do you still need a tank. I have Tony's old one if you do.

Has it still got that just never cleaned look about it ? :lol: :lol:

If its rust free inside I'd be after a look... i'll PM you...
How very dare you. I polished the sides with my knees every time I fell off.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

You will have to let me get it down from the roof.
Will do so later this evening but when I put it there, in the roof, that is it was clean and rust free on the inside. The outside had that shabby chic look :)
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Hopefully pictures sent.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Richard wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:09 pm Hopefully pictures sent.
Nothing yet... got the dots & the uk's in the right place... I'll PM again