SOLD S REG VTR Parts Or Whole Bike For Sale

Moderator: VTRDark

Pon

SOLD S REG VTR Parts Or Whole Bike For Sale

Post by Pon »

Anyone after some VTR parts - THe front pot has a possible bent valve (suspect CCT failure) & I can't be on with taking it any further.
Open to offers on all parts - I reckon I'm having the bottom fairing and maybe the starter motor as it's newish. May be able to help with delivery depending on where you are.

Last edited by Pon on Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed - tools down and go for a ride.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: S REG VTR Parts

Post by sirch345 »

That sounds a bit drastic as it looks like a tidy bike.

Can you not find someone local to give you a hand to repair it rather than break-it for spares :?:
If you break-it you will need to remove all the parts, package them up and post off. That in itself is a lot of work, unless of course you sell the bike complete as it is for spares, in which case I presume you'll be trying to cover your outlay.

If you are sure you are not going to repair it, to keep in with the forum rules a price is required for whatever you list on here.

Good luck with which way you are going with this, I'm hoping you going down the repair route :wink:

Chris.
Pon

Post by Pon »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:57 pm That sounds a bit drastic as it looks like a tidy bike.

Can you not find someone local to give you a hand to repair it rather than break-it for spares :?:
If you break-it you will need to remove all the parts, package them up and post off. That in itself is a lot of work, unless of course you sell the bike complete as it is for spares, in which case I presume you'll be trying to cover your outlay.

If you are sure you are not going to repair it, to keep in with the forum rules a price is required for whatever you list on here.

Good luck with which way you are going with this, I'm hoping you going down the repair route :wink:

Chris.
I agree to some extent, I did buy it optimistically thinking it may be fixable cheaply and I was intending to then sell it on. Also knowing that I'd get my money back by selling off the parts and saving some for my other VTR. It is fairly tidy.
The whole bike less the lower bellypan (bike is stripped down, fairings off and the left rad & oil cooler removed, airbox etc) £650
Or
Fairing set inc tank (all the yellow bits) £250
Full exhaust system £200
Seat £30
Carbs £100
I'd prob keep the rest unless someone needed bits.
Open to offers though and would prefer if you collect from Finedon, Northants.
Last edited by Pon on Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed - tools down and go for a ride.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pon wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 pm
sirch345 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:57 pm That sounds a bit drastic as it looks like a tidy bike.

Chris.
I agree to some extent, I did buy it optimistically thinking it may be fixable cheaply and I was intending to then sell it on. Also knowing that I'd get my money back by selling off the parts and saving some for my other VTR. It is fairly tidy.
The whole bike less the lower bellypan (bike is stripped down, fairings off and the left rad & oil cooler removed, airbox etc) £600
Or
Fairing set inc tank (all the yellow bits) £250
Full exhaust system £200
Seat £30
Carbs £100
I'd prob keep the rest unless someone needed bits.
Open to offers though and would prefer if you collect from Finedon, Northants.
That's not so bad then. Looking at the photo, I was forgetting you already have some of those parts already off the bike.

GLWS,

Chris.