Cat B vtr1000

Moderator: VTRDark

ajdclayton

Cat B vtr1000

Post by ajdclayton »

Looking for general price ideas please, so after a very kind lady knocked me off my bike it’s now been declared a complete loss and can’t go back on the road. Engine still runs and sounds sweet, front end damage to wheel forks indicator dent on tank and scrapes on exhaust and tail unit. Lots of very good parts on the bike looking at selling as a whole rather than breaking, was looking around the £600 mark any ideas if it’s worth that. Thank you.
Duffy1964

Re: Cat B vtr1000

Post by Duffy1964 »

You might get that broken for parts but by the time you buy another frame and front end it would probably not be viable in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Think your much better just breaking her up.

You can get one that is not written off for around the 800 mark. Quite a bit of work needs to go into that to make it viable.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The marks on the tank where the LH switchgear impacted may mean that the lockstep is damaged on the bottom yoke. An entire front end is needed, except maybe discs and callipers. Plus some cosmetic bits.

You might get someone take it on as a trackday bike rebuild, to fit a Blade front end or similar, but not at that price, sorry.
Depending on mileage the engine could be worth 250, clutch cover (if unmarked) 80, switchgear around 25 each side, centre faring and side fairings might get 50 each dependant on condition, etc.
It'll add up.

Break it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.