2006 FireStorm for sale

Moderator: VTRDark

cheekykev

2006 FireStorm for sale

Post by cheekykev »

Someone I know recently got in touch with me about a 2006 FireStorm he is getting rid of, for a couple of reasons I'm not that interested in it, one is it needs quite a lot of work doing to it (which is reflected in the price) and two I already have 2 FireStorms and a SP2.
So I thought I'd offer it to someone on hear, the bike is a 2006 model in blue, done 6,000 miles, he is the second owner, he bought it about 6 years ago and hardly used it.
Good points, it appears to be mechanically sound, only done 6,000 miles and that is genuine by the way, totally standard apart from scorpion exhausts, although he does have the original exhaust to go with the sale.
Bad points, he's hardly if at all done anything with it in the 6 years he's had it, that's in miles and maintenance, quite a bit of corrosion hear and there, small dent in tank caused by something being dropped on it, few marks on the plastics, all in all not in the best of conditions for it's age but still worth £1,500 to someone who 's willing to put some time in to bring it back to it's former glory, and end up with a late model very low millage bike.
If you're interested then get in touch with me for more info.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
iggy1966

Re: 2006 FireStorm for sale

Post by iggy1966 »

Hi Kev,

Do you have any photos you can share? Interested in having a look

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

iggy1966 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 am Hi Kev,

Do you have any photos you can share? Interested in having a look

Ian
Yea,that would be good.........
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I went and had a look at it for Kev last weekend; I have photos showing the negative parts, but it's basically sound and part from needing a little clean it's ok. However- the battery was completely flat; I took a little boost charger battery but it would only turn it over. It hasn't ben run for quite a while, so I'd suggest, if anyone was interested, you take good-quality jump leads or a spare Storm battery in good condition.

Pics:
Front fairing, RH side above headlight:

Small oval dent in tank, about 4cm top to bottom- but he says he has a spare tank which is also dented...

Small scrapes on LH mirror

Spare side panel, cracked at the indicator hole as usual:

Scrapes on paint, RH side panel- these are scrapes, not reflections

Some cleaning needed:

It's been put away wet or stored outside..

Scraped crash bung, consistent with his story of it being knocked over while parked

Crack in tail above rear light

Scrapes, LH fairing

Usual paint chips where he has used a key fob...(sigh)

Overall, a neglected, but low-mileage bike, needing an owner who will either get a cheap body kit and get the tank dent removed and resprayed to match, or someone to repair all of the panels and respray it. It's got standard CCT's. Tyres are good but probably old. But a genuine 6k bike, previously owned by a numpty.

I don't think it's been dropped, the damage is consistent with it being knocked over- but it's had at least two episodes.
Oh, the fitted cans are unmarked and he has thrown in the original cans, also unmarked.

For the money, recommended.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Thanks for the photos and it doesn’t look too bad.
Where is the bike as it would be good to have a look in the flesh ?
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

iggy1966 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:40 am Where is the bike as it would be good to have a look in the flesh ?
As I mentioned In my original post, if anyone is interested get in touch with me.
I do not want to give too much information out on the open forum.
If you're interested PM me with your phone nbr.
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Just a bump on this before I tell him to advertise it elsewhere, I think he'd quite possibly take anything from £1,200 to £1,500 for it, with only having done 6,000 genuine miles might be worth a look for someone :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like