Akropovic, Moriwaki, Nitron, Harris, Pictures

Moderator: VTRDark

carmanbikes

Akropovic, Moriwaki, Nitron, Harris, Pictures

Post by carmanbikes »

Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm 2001 Y Reg with 35.000 Miles, VERY GOOD SPEC
ENGINE, Has 35,000 Manual Ccts, Compressions are 152psi front and 153psi rear,
Full Akropovic Titanium race system with carbon straps and Harris hangers,
Factory Pro Titanium jet kit, BMC air filter, Moriwaki velocity stacks, it pulls very hard and has 110.7 BHP at the rear wheel.
Suspension, Revolution front forks with K-tec springs all reworked by the man himself ( Rodger Ditchfield )
Rear shock is a Nitron 2 road and track with compression &rebound adjustment, spring preload it is also length adjustable, remote canister. the shock has only done 200 miles
All the shock linkage bearings have been changed, swingarm bearings, head bearings changed to tapper type,
Harris adjustable rear sets,
Brakes, PFM Cast Disc with CBR 600 F4I Calipers which have been anodized in satin black and have all titanium bolts, goodridge braided lines mated up to a CBR 600 F4I master cylinder which gives really good feel and feedback I also have a Sp2 master cylinder if you would prefer a change, Ferodo Platinum pads,
Std rear caliper just been rebuilt 200 miles ago with new seals and Ferodo Platinum pads also has Titanium pin and goodridge braided hose and pressure brake switch.
Wheels have been powder coated in light gold, all new bearing front and rear inc sprocket carrier bearing also new cush drive,
Chain is a gold DID and Super Sprox rear sprocket
Samco blue hoses and clips, brand new mottobat battery not yet fitted
Body work it is Red and quite standard with a Skidmarx moriwaki belly pan and seat under tray, it also has a King Carbon genuine carbon fiber with gold mesh inserts rear hugger,
Braided clutch line, short adjustable brake and clutch leavers
The Bike Looks Superb and Rides even better, I find it hard to put pictures on hear but I can e-mail them to anyone that is interested
£2500 I think I could part out the bike for over £3000 but that would break my heart as so much time and effort went into it, I am sure I will have missed loads of thing but I'm sure this will give you an idea of the spec, it has also about 10 months Mot, Thanks Lee :thumbup:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by carmanbikes on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
VTRDark

Re: HONDA VTR 1000 FIRESTORM

Post by VTRDark »

Woh Lee that's a shocker mate and came of the Blue. Oh well I guess you know what your doing. I hope it does go to a forum member because it's very nice bike in fantastic condition with tonnes of bling. Someone is going to get a good one there. GLWS

You can stick the pictures up on the follwoing. It's a simple upload, no registration required and then post the Direct Link in between image tags like so...

Code: Select all

[img]link goes here[/img]
https://postimages.org/
==============================Enter the Darkside
mik_str

Re: Akropovic, Moriwaki, Nitron, Harris, Pictures

Post by mik_str »

awesome bike, GLWS

FYI, the exhaust (header) is stainless (I have the same one, Akra never made one out of Ti for our bike)... cans are Ti, however...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

stunning looking bike lee....
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mik_str wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:34 pm awesome bike, GLWS

FYI, the exhaust (header) is stainless (I have the same one, Akra never made one out of Ti for our bike)... cans are Ti, however...
my akra system is fully ti mick.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:41 am stunning looking bike lee....
See above. What a stunning bike.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That is a crackin' looking bike I agree 8) 8) Someone is going to have a well sorted bike,

Chris.