Modified headers and Cans SOLD

Moderator: VTRDark

StormyRob

Modified headers and Cans SOLD

Post by StormyRob »

This is a bit different and an example of something being worth what someone is willing to pay.

These came off a track bike which was running a stage 2 Moriwaki engine. The headers have been welded differently which I have to believe was for a good reason and they are well done. There are several pics. Headers are actually quite clean.

The cans are Micron which are a bit tatty but they come with the link pipes which attached to the headers. I can not really say more than that to be honest I had a bit of interest when I first posted pics of these but was not really sire of my plans so now they are officially for sale for £110. Would be fantastic if someone could collect in Northern Ireland but highly unlikely so will post within UK or you can arrange a courier yourself.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SOLD
Last edited by StormyRob on Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
VTRDark

Re: Modified headers and Cans

Post by VTRDark »

I'm interested but I have some questions. Where the cans upswept on the bike like SP cans. Looking at the left header pipe in the last pic it looks like it's sweeping up.

More importantly do you have the clamp where the link clamps onto the rear cyclinder. It seems to be missing and must be a custom part as one cant be slid over the pipe because of the taper.

Do you know if the sump on the stage 2 had been modified for the header where it curves around at the back. Basically does the rear of the header pipe interfere with the sump? I'm only interested in the headers and links. You can keep the Micron cans :lol:

Last question. What's going on here. Is that beginning to split?

==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Carl

I think the cans sat the same.

In relation to the sump it was standard. However the headers sat more flush in a good way. Does that make sense?

I do have the clamp

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Second dibs.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

boys these are the pipes that came with the race bike i just bought. they have been tucked in more than standard and they have slightly different lengths than standard tho fit straight onto a storm. who ever made them has known what they were at and they did make the engine very free reving :D . i just had another set of pipes waiting or id have kept them so they went with Robs bundle of bits form the mori engined bike...

at some stage they have had a an 02 sensor fitted as you can see on the lower headers...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:32 am Second dibs.
Noted :thumbup: