Full Bike & Extra Block Spares/Repairs

Moderator: VTRDark

Squiffythewombat

Re: Full Bike & Extra Block Spares/Repairs

Post by Squiffythewombat »

@MonkeyMatt - I had a hunt last night, looks like your quite right!!! The ripped seat, dodgy rear pegs etc. He told me he had painted the front forks for me as a kind gesture... however I'm pretty sure he's swapped the ones from the crap bike over to this one, thus meaning the receipts for the front end work (entire reason i got the bike) are totally invalid :cry:

@Rob - there's a strong chances the forks will now be included with the sale, however they are not the modified ones as per his original listing... (yeah he seemed really nice at first, which is what got me i think!)

@Watty - Thanks dude, i'm trying to keep positive about it, getting pissed off won't help the situation i don't think :)

@Mellis - I had debated posting about him on the owners group but didn't want to cause a 5H1T storm which drags everyone down. I see it as my fault because i foolishly trusted the guy and the photos - i've learnt an extremely expensive lesson here. What upsets me more than anything is that because of this guy's actions I'm going to be extremely wary about trusting people again for awhile.... :(
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Squiffythewombat wrote:@Mellis - I had debated posting about him on the owners group but didn't want to cause a 5H1T storm which drags everyone down. I see it as my fault because i foolishly trusted the guy and the photos - i've learnt an extremely expensive lesson here. What upsets me more than anything is that because of this guy's actions I'm going to be extremely wary about trusting people again for awhile.... :(
Fair play to you mate, I'd be in full on retribution mode at this point, conducting my own smear campaign and trying to get hold of his address for a quick visit. Not for any reason other than to make him feel uncomfortable :evil:

It's unacceptable that people think they can just behave like this and get away with it. Boils my piss :Argue 1:
Squiffythewombat

mellis wrote:
Squiffythewombat wrote:@Mellis - I had debated posting about him on the owners group but didn't want to cause a 5H1T storm which drags everyone down. I see it as my fault because i foolishly trusted the guy and the photos - i've learnt an extremely expensive lesson here. What upsets me more than anything is that because of this guy's actions I'm going to be extremely wary about trusting people again for awhile.... :(
Fair play to you mate, I'd be in full on retribution mode at this point, conducting my own smear campaign and trying to get hold of his address for a quick visit. Not for any reason other than to make him feel uncomfortable :evil:

It's unacceptable that people think they can just behave like this and get away with it. Boils my piss :Argue 1:
Yeah I totally hear where your coming from, i just don't see the point - if he's happy enough to screw people in this way, he's hardly going to appologise or suddenly turn round and be like "oh yeah, god, i've been such a d1ck, i'm SO sorry, here's your money back" hahahah
Squiffy_The_Wombat

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Toby do you have an email or phone number for him...?

Post it up on here for all the spambots to pick up...It's the least you can do to such a fine bloke... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

Fairly sure that the sale of goods act and distance selling regulations still apply here, I wouldn't put up with any sh!t, and take the guy to town!
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

I actually helped the guy out a while back when he desperately needed a wheel bit couldn't not afford one. Said he only had 70 quid so I gave him my good wheel as the bike was to be off the road.

Should be ashamed of himself. All he has done since selling you that bike is sell the bits you never got. Every day I see him offering stuff or leeching onto people looking for bits.

Bad natured human being
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Maybe a few "friendly" forum members should pay him a "friendly" visit for a "friendly" chat! Usually seems to change their attitude 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

*lights the blue touch paper......*

Squiffythewombat

Yeah I have his number and address from the V5s lol!

Now debating if i should say something on the FB group as i noticed hes selling other bits to other members still, or at least message them with a warning :/

Had a good look at the forks this morning - im now 90% sure that these were from the previous bike, the receipts show new head bearings etc. but they look pretty worn :(
Squiffy_The_Wombat

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Squiffythewombat wrote:Yeah I have his number and address from the V5s lol!

Now debating if i should say something on the FB group as i noticed hes selling other bits to other members still, or at least message them with a warning :/

Had a good look at the forks this morning - im now 90% sure that these were from the previous bike, the receipts show new head bearings etc. but they look pretty worn :(

I've already tried.to warn with a message but they never read it. He's just gonna keep selling. He could so with a slap.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

name and shame the fuker on face book and stop others from getting ripped of
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

It's taking all my powers of self control to not point out that all of those spare parts are vbecause he stripped what he sold to you. Total c**t

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Saw that myself mate. Shitbag!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Oh man, completely gutted for you Toby. How do people think this is acceptable behavior? :(
Jamie :wave:
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

Unfortunately people like that will always seem to come out on top.
He will continue to sell crap parts for top money.
At the start I almost felt sorry for him regarding the bike etc but soon realised he's juggler.
Personally I think he's a chap with material gain in mind all the time.
Needs shaming imo
Last edited by monkeymatt on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.