Mirror extenders for sale

Moderator: VTRDark

bsabloke

Mirror extenders for sale

Post by bsabloke »

Mirror extenders for sale. Machined from aluminium & painted black. Supplied with 2 stainless steel button head bolts.
Simple to fit. Remove mirror arm from its mounting bracket, fix extender in its place with the same bolt. Re fit the mirror arm to the extender with the bolt supplied.
No drilling or mods required. Can be removed at any time.
Post here or pm with any questions.
Happy rear viewing :D
Richard

bsabloke

Re: Mirror extenders for sale

Post by bsabloke »

6 sets in the current batch,
1 sold, 5 available
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

6 sets in current batch
2 sold, 4 available
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

6 sets in current batch.
3 sold, 3 available.
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

4 sold, 2 sets available
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

These work a treat and I think a must on the storm .
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

Thanks for the thumbs up lloydie.
I've been pleased with all the positive comments.
A good practical modification.
I have just made a longer set to see if they are better or just too wide!
I have fitted them to a spare set of mirrors, i have purchased. They are 25mm longer, giving 75mm extension to the standard mirror. They will be fitted to the bike this week. I will let you know how i think they are.
If anyone wants to try these let me know. Collect & try for free or i will post extenders for you to try, for postage cost.
Richard
darkember

Post by darkember »

pm sent
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the 75mm will be ideal for towing a caravan... :lol: :lol: :lol:
only kidding mate, i'll be needing another set in the future as i'm leaving my set on the bike when i sell it.... :roll:
i'ld be interested in the longer set, but riding thru central london traffic is already a bit tougher with the 50mm extenders, worth every penny tho dude, keep up the good work.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

I don't think the 75mm's will be too wide when riding. Pehaps an issue when parking in the garage or narrow entry.
I already have them mounted on mirrors. They don't look much longer.
Probably just me but i don't get a good view from my righthand mirror ( just my elbow)! Better than standard mirror but hence experiment with 75mm extenders. I will post up my roadtest. If they are ok i may leave them on for the trip to assen.
Rich
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Probably just me but i don't get a good view from my righthand mirror ( just my elbow)!
Same here. The elbow does not block it totally like the OM mirror. your current extenders make a vast differance, but it's not quite pefect. I find I still have to move my head or move the elbow slightish to get a clear view on dual carriageways, swapping lanes etc.

They do make a huge difference when filtering around London traffic jams where you just swinging in and out of standstill traffic. I am surprised I haven't lost mine yet. But in a round about way it's better as it means I'm forced to slow down and be more cautious. I have lost numerous mirrors over the years with high speed filtering. :eek2 At the end of the day you get used to the width of your vehicle (bike in this case), find the boundary's and adapt. They stick out far enough so I don't clip my cans. :lol:

Because there is the elbow (double joint) there is loads of room for positioning them to your taste. They can be pivoted at the base, there is the pivot in the middle, then the mirror. I find I have the base pointing directly outwards at a 90 degree angle, then I pull the (outer arm if you like) middle pivot inwards towards me, something like 30 degrees. Then the mirror is pushed outwards on the ball and socket joint as much as it can go. It's hard to explain so I shall take a pic tomorrow! Anyway I find it compromise between how far the mirrors stick out and mirror positioning. Longer versions may work out better as it would means that middle pivot point will be further out. :think:

Sorry I'm rabbiting, thinking out aloud. :plainsmile

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
darkember

Post by darkember »

Sorry I'm rabbiting, thinking out aloud. :plainsmile

Not rabbiting just rambling :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's the word :lol: I've had a :beer: :plainsmile

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

:thumbup: not just me then with wide elbows 8O hard to explain what more is needed. Sounds like i have set mine up the same as carls. Good that there is plenty of scope to set up to individual tastes. I am trying to get a picture of all three mirrors lined up against each other. Standard, +50mm & +75mm. All down to personal preference.having the choice is good :D
VTRdH

Post by VTRdH »

The different extenders from bsabloke
Distributor KRIEGER manual cct's
VTR parts supplier worldwide