Amcq46

Just post charts and set up details.
AMCQ46

Amcq46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Green is lloydies bike with his new tuned engine ( but std cams still)

Red is
BMC street filter
Dynojet kit
Extra hole drilled in slides
DR Honda stacks
Headers with weld ridges removed and Remus GP cans

Or
Blue is
Custom big bore Ti race system... 1.5 more top end but dropped 4 in the mid range.
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AMcQ
tony.mon

Re: Amcq46

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Or

Custom big bore Ti race system... 1.5 more top end but dropped 4 in the mid range.
Looks like the blue run, with big bore pipes and the needles not dropped is the better run, but fuelling is still quite volatile; there's more to come there.

The blue run gained top end and torque over the std system.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I still might try the big bore pipe with needle dropped 1 and mains increased as the power just flats off in the top end and these bikes like to be a little bit rich to get the best out of them
AMcQ
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

AMCQ46 wrote:I still might try the big bore pipe with needle dropped 1 and mains increased as the power just flats off in the top end and these bikes like to be a little bit rich to get the best out of them
needles dropped you mean leaner settings?. I think you need richer settings between 4-5. Also I don't think bigger mains will give more power, top end seems to be rich enough.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Stephan wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote:I still might try the big bore pipe with needle dropped 1 and mains increased as the power just flats off in the top end and these bikes like to be a little bit rich to get the best out of them
needles dropped you mean leaner settings?. I think you need richer settings between 4-5. Also I don't think bigger mains will give more power, top end seems to be rich enough.
Hi stephan,
Yes dropping the needle to make it leaner in the 5k region as it is too rich there (it is A/F ratio, so a low number means low Air , high Fuel.

For the top end I can feel the bike slightly fluffy for the last 1000 revs on the big bore but pull crisp on the Remus. I want to see if it will respond to a bit more fuel, as the Remus is a little bit richer there
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Interestingly you have the 5000 dip too as well as lloyd and you have the BMC. :think: What size pilots have got in Al.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Interesting stuff, cheers for posting Al :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cybercarl wrote:Interestingly you have the 5000 dip too as well as lloyd and you have the BMC. :think: What size pilots have got in Al.

The strange thing is that with the Remus cans the 5k dip can't be detected when riding, it's like the cans compensate for the jetting problem. It feels stronger through those revs than any other carb / pipe set up I have used, and will happily lift the front wheel at 5k, when other set ups would do it at 4k but not at 5!

Also I think on the inTake side, the only thing common between lloydies bike and mine is the dynojet needles. He has standard filter, gutted airbox, very short mori trumpets, no extra hole drilled in the slides etc.

So just shows that these bike have a tendency to have a rich dip at 5k!

Will have to check the dynojet box to see what pilots are left in it so I can work out what is in the bike.
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I'm trying factory pro needles today as there taper is smoother that the Dyno needles so it might be the needles .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

cybercarl wrote:Interestingly you have the 5000 dip too as well as lloyd and you have the BMC. :think: What size pilots have got in Al.

Carl mine don't dip at 5k
It just don't have the same amount of power in the mid range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just curious as from what I have read a larger pilot jet is required with a full system and I think this may also be the reason that FP started including the 50's. As for the dip changing the needles will be an interesting comparison if you make no other changes. I think you may very well be right about the dip but there must be a way of curing it.

OK OK starts at 4 and comes back up at 6, I chose the middle ground. Note I am looking at your fuelling not the torque curve :lol:

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

AMCQ46 wrote:Hi stephan,
Yes dropping the needle to make it leaner in the 5k region as it is too rich there (it is A/F ratio, so a low number means low Air , high Fuel.

For the top end I can feel the bike slightly fluffy for the last 1000 revs on the big bore but pull crisp on the Remus. I want to see if it will respond to a bit more fuel, as the Remus is a little bit richer there
Red Line, 4k you have approx 13 AFR, blue line 13.5. Same 0.5 difference is going to 4.5k, having consequences in 5hp down at 5k vs red.

Blue line is leaner and have lower power, why to lean it more?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

stephan,
both red and bl;ue run are too rich in the 5k region, but I think the big bore pipe struggles more than the remus set up, so would like to try and get it a bit leaner at that point to see what it does to both pipe configurations.. does that make sense?>
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Doesn't make sense to me, all dyno charts with strong 5k area were on richer side and now it is lean enough. You struggle with big change of afr between lean and rich which wil be bigger after dropped needles.

But I am not an expert, hence I write here. Your opinion is at least same valid as mine and it is your bike :)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

which will be bigger after dropped needles.
unless one goes richer on the pilots and mains. :wink: