Running trouble.

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
swild123

Running trouble.

Post by swild123 »

Hi everyone. Need some help/advice.commuting home from work bike was running fine then it started to misfire splutter then came to a stop. I couldn’t get it started it was just turning over. I left it for 5 mins and it started up! I did come through a bit of a downpour wasn’t sure If this was the cause? Thanks in advance
Wicky

Re: Running trouble.

Post by Wicky »

Make sure the front spark plug drain hole on the cylinder head is clear - also that the rubber cap over the spark plug connector is sealing (I apply some silicone grease so it's a bit more water resistant) and keeping the spark plug dry.

Another thing to check is that the drain & vent various hoses that exit near the oil filter are clear.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
swild123

Post by swild123 »

I’ve took the spark pug etc out whereabouts is the drain hole ? Do you think it’s water getting then?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Below the spark plug on the front head

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=34012
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
swild123

Post by swild123 »

I have blown through the drain hole seems clear, I have put some silicon grease round spark plug ht lead so hopefully this will sort it. Nothing worse than going down motorway and then it just splutters and comes to a stop fingers crossed 🤞🏻 thanks for advice/help 👍🏻