Seat removal

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
dragonback

Seat removal

Post by dragonback »

Hi guys , do any of you know how the hell I can get the seat off if the lock is not working , I can stick the key in but the barrels just turning, so before I start cutting I thought I would ask here first , cheers G
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
Wicky

Re: Seat removal

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

Yeah my problem is the catch at the back is holding really good , cant even get the cowl off , ah well back to it
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

dragonback wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 pm Yeah my problem is the catch at the back is holding really good , cant even get the cowl off , ah well back to it
Do you still have the seat hooks on ?

If you do you can pry up the seat enough to get a spanner in & undo the nut holding the hooks on...Take off both sides.

With the hooks out of the way you can lift the seat higher to get something in there to pull the catch... or even just the cable...

The cable comes off the lock end & has a little white plastic fitting on the end which clips onto the subframe...Then goes to the latch. If it pops off that then when you turn the key there is nothing to hold the cable outer still so the whole thing moves not just the inner...

Its unlikly the cable has come out of its hole at the lock or the latch end...Unless it hasent been fitted correctly...

Can we assume that the seat has been on & off since you have had the bike...?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

lol , cheers dude , got the front out first , pryed the hooks of the catches , cable had indeed come off but with just the right amount of swearing and big screwdriver its finally off , anyhoo thought i might as well get a new catch gonna have to take a hammer to the plate inside tho , had a wee look on fowlers for the catch , get this £42.77 , looks like ill be checking , fixing up the old one , anyhoo thanks for the replies guys