Powder coating wheels, new bearings.

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
spawner

Re: Powder coating wheels, new bearings.

Post by spawner »

Cheers Bazza I will give them a call and see what they say. Did you have to tell them which parts not to PC?
Darren
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

spawner wrote:Cheers Bazza I will give them a call and see what they say. Did you have to tell them which parts not to PC?
If they need to shot blast the wheels first, then they have a reference of what not to coat. They coated where the cush drive goes, until fitting not sure if I need to dreamed some of the coating off cause they are normal quiet tight.
spawner

Post by spawner »

That might help me as my cush rubbers are a tad sloppy lol and need replacing
Darren
spawner

Post by spawner »

ok an update :), Being a lazy bugger I stumbled across felixstowe motors, they offered a ride in ride out service, gloss black and Im happy with the result and didnt get my hands dirty, it was a tad costly £200 but they had trouble getting the disk bolts off and I dont think I would have removed them myself.

Would recommend them :thumbup:
Darren
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

spawner wrote:ok an update :), Being a lazy bugger I stumbled across felixstowe motors, they offered a ride in ride out service, gloss black and Im happy with the result and didnt get my hands dirty, it was a tad costly £200 but they had trouble getting the disk bolts off and I dont think I would have removed them myself.

Would recommend them :thumbup:
Good service. How long did you have to wait?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
spawner

Post by spawner »

3 days i think, but they had to wait for some disk bolts
Darren
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Wicky wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:32 pm I used Impact Coatings for a shock spring - they were pretty disorganised. The day I was was due to collect it it was still in the corner of the office untouched where I'd left it. Though when they eventually did it they did a good job.

Ater that experience I used Wheel Worx http://www.wheelworxrefinishing.com > Units 8-10, Oyster Park, Greenstead Rd, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2SJ :thumbup: Cost £140 to do the pair in black.

Universal Tyres are just round the corner along Hythe Quay so they took the tyres off and back on after coating.

Interseting, Ive always used Maldon powder coatin and shot blasting, but they do sometimes have a pretty long wait time. Ill give these guys a look !
Martinz

Post by Martinz »

Koyo Bearings Are all good, been using them for years with no issues
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Martinz wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:25 am
Wicky wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:32 pm I used Impact Coatings for a shock spring - they were pretty disorganised. The day I was was due to collect it it was still in the corner of the office untouched where I'd left it. Though when they eventually did it they did a good job.

Ater that experience I used Wheel Worx http://www.wheelworxrefinishing.com > Units 8-10, Oyster Park, Greenstead Rd, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2SJ :thumbup: Cost £140 to do the pair in black.

Universal Tyres are just round the corner along Hythe Quay so they took the tyres off and back on after coating.

Interseting, Ive always used Maldon powder coatin and shot blasting, but they do sometimes have a pretty long wait time. Ill give these guys a look !
I enquired at Maldon and they were more expensive, and as you said there was a 4 week lead time. After speaking to the guy down the road that removed my tyres, he said they weren't all that good.