MOT/tax confusion ???

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
budd

MOT/tax confusion ???

Post by budd »

I was looking for my counterpart driving licence this morning to get a replacement for the one lost at the weekend (turns out you don't need the paper bit any more) so I'm looking through my box of documents and in there are the docs for the Aprilia so I have quick look through and notice the MOT ran out March 6th, not confusing in itself but I taxed it 1st of April how does that work?? I was under the inpression a vehicle needed to be MOT'd to obtain a tax disc???
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
VTR Phoenix

Re: MOT/tax confusion ???

Post by VTR Phoenix »

It does, it would say a valid MOT is needed before tax is purchased. Check the vehicle on the DVLA website just to be sure of tax and mot
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR Phoenix wrote:It does, it would say a valid MOT is needed before tax is purchased. Check the vehicle on the DVLA website just to be sure of tax and mot
I'd say the same,

Chris.
budd

Post by budd »

And until today I would have agreed, no MOT no road tax, but the fact is I taxed it April, MOT expired March. I have pal who's a bike tester (saves swapping the race pipe :D ) so I phoned him as soon as I discovered the lack of test, so by 11am it was tested, he also didn't think it was possible to get tax without a valid MOT but he checked his system and it clearly showed taxed till Nov 1st, MOT expired March. The only explination I can think of is the girl at the PO missed the lack of MOT warning that must flag up and issued the road tax.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

budd wrote:And until today I would have agreed, no MOT no road tax, but the fact is I taxed it April, MOT expired March. I have pal who's a bike tester (saves swapping the race pipe :D ) so I phoned him as soon as I discovered the lack of test, so by 11am it was tested, he also didn't think it was possible to get tax without a valid MOT but he checked his system and it clearly showed taxed till Nov 1st, MOT expired March. The only explination I can think of is the girl at the PO missed the lack of MOT warning that must flag up and issued the road tax.
That's what it is then, I made the assumption that you had taxed online.

I read your first post and checked the tax and MOT on my bikes, found out my workhorse MOT ran out on 10th May. Booked in tomorrow at 8 so finish work at 7.30 and straight to MOT centre.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

A handy app for smart phones with auto reminders > Car Tax Check http://cartaxcheck.co.uk
Add a vehicle to the iPhone, iPad or Android App. Find out if it is taxed and has an MOT. You'll get a reminder when it's nearly time to renew. We'll make sure you never forget your tax or MOT again.
We’ll remind you 30 days, 7 days and 1 day before your renewal dates.
It's free and simple. All you need is your vehicle registration and manufacturer.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice Wicky, thanks for that :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF