HONDA PARTS - TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE??!!

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
popularh14

HONDA PARTS - TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE??!!

Post by popularh14 »

Having just forked out near on £134 for new LH switchgear I thought I would try and flog the repaired old one which is now good as new (grrrrrr - which I'd found the repair bloke in a shed earlier)
Would have returned the new part but had to fettle the bloody thing slightly with a file to get the clam-shell halves to fit properly - still might try anyway. Part not even made in Japan but bloody China. Bigger gggggrrrrrrrr :evil:

Wanted to check that the number on the box was the part number so stuck it in google and this site came up:

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/h ... B-640.html

They claim to supply genuine Honda parts - with the GBP at 1.44 to the USD the part comes out at £33!!! Even with the cost of shipping from the USA it is miles cheaper than buying here.

I will email these Partzilla guys and quiz them if they are genuine parts.

Any comments/experience?
Stephan

Re: HONDA PARTS - TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE??!!

Post by Stephan »

It is true, I received mine from partzilla before two weeks. Just a bit of waiting is included, it took three weeks from order to shipping. But it is EU spec part, with the right connectors and function.
Definitely worth, price was slightly higher than used parts here (hardly available), including all taxes and fees. I chose ship to us adress and than resend, through shipito.com.
Stepkevh

Post by Stepkevh »

wow, they're really cheaper.
think i'll order some parts there that i need :thumbup:
~ Imagination is only limited by your mind ~
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Nice one guys - be interesting to hear how anybody gets on who orders parts from them. Fed up with being ripped
off for stuff here - don't get me wrong I don't mind paying a fair price but when the price is out of all proportion to the part in question then it just pisses me right off!!
Stepkevh

Post by Stepkevh »

popularh14 wrote:Nice one guys - be interesting to hear how anybody gets on who orders parts from them. Fed up with being ripped
off for stuff here - don't get me wrong I don't mind paying a fair price but when the price is out of all proportion to the part in question then it just pisses me right off!!
Where did you exactly order ?
With partszilla or somewhere else ?
~ Imagination is only limited by your mind ~
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

The cheapest oem parts for japan bikes are available at japan.webike.net, I purchased there as well and shipping was quite fast. But for some reason, this particular part is way cheaper on partzilla, not every part here is that cheap. For instance head gaskets you buy cheaper at davidsilverspares.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's definitely worth shopping around. Occasionally Honda reduce the price of a part to a clearance level- I suppose that they find they have a warehouse full but don;t sell many, and knock them out cheaply to get their money back.
An example are Storm pistons, std or oversize- these seem to be down to £20 each or so....shame the rings cost around £50 a set :cry:

Head gaskets always seem overpriced to me- surely they cost nowhere near the usual £45 or so to make.

Genuine Honda ones work every time, some pattern ones are single layer rather than two, and instead of having the sealant rubber only where it's needed they're coverd all over.
They seem to work though- I've tried both but never had a head gasket go on any engine I've built, including with high comp pistons.
Other parts have failed, but not the gasket.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Stepkevh wrote:
popularh14 wrote:Nice one guys - be interesting to hear how anybody gets on who orders parts from them. Fed up with being ripped
Where did you exactly order ?
With partszilla or somewhere else ?
I've not ordered via partzilla yet - the switchgear I ordered was via the Honda main dealer in Bridgend. Price was the same as my local bike MOT place quoted. I phoned Honda central customer service (based in Czech Republic) and had a moan about the initial problem with the dipswitch & they said go and take it up with your nearest Honda dealer (100 miles away but I was passing anyway).

Guess what the Honda dealer said...........yes, you guessed it "We have no clout, you're best off talking to Honda direct."
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Well I have had a reply from Partzilla and they confirm that the parts they supply are genuine Honda OEM & they will ship to the UK so all good.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

I used them a while back for a fuel regulator on a fireblade, realised after an hour I had ordered the part for the wrong model, I emailed asking to swop the part and they responded in 2 hours stating that it was already on the container with hundreds of other parts. The part took 6 weeks to arrive. They are genuine parts, very cheap but I believe their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. They are great until they get your money and then seem to want nothing to do with any issues and wash their hands of it. They even refused to contact the courier they used to see where the part was. Haven't used them since as there are other places to buy cheap if you shop around. If you do use them though triple check you have ordered the right part.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

I use Partzilla all the time and can say that yes they do ship genuine Honda bits every time :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
CruxGNZ

Post by CruxGNZ »

8541Hawk wrote:I use Partzilla all the time and can say that yes they do ship genuine Honda bits every time :thumbup:
I agree.

I just rebuilt my entire Superhawk from the ground up. Every seal, bearing and gasket was replaced. Everything came from Partzilla. Great prices and genuine Honda parts. The stuff shows up pretty dang quick too!