High resolution wiring diagram

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Hi guys, after squinting at an online circuit diagram recently, I was shocked to discover I had one in the back of the bike manual as crisp and clean as the day it was printed.

So I scanned it at 600dpi and tidied it up in photoshop for all of you who don't have the manual, can't read the small print, or can't see anything under the greasy finger prints :biggrin

If this isn't the biggest, cleanest and clearest UK spec wiring diagram online I will be very surprised.

http://www.6pix.net/images/39674458086022183898.png
Snoogle

Re: High resolution wiring diagram

Post by Snoogle »

linky no worky
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

not sure whats happened there steve, but the link ain't working buddy :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It is on the iPad :)
Last edited by lloydie on Fri May 04, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Great link wish it was in colour :)
open link in new window and it worked for me on my laptop
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Nice colour one there Wicky - Need to wash your hands though :biggrin

I don't know what's up with the one I posted. I had the devils own job finding a free host that would take a file that large, and 6 pix seemed to have done it, but now it's playing up and even lloydie's one isn't full resolution. My original was deliberately huge so you could read the labels.

I'll see if I can find a better host.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I got it no problems, image size 21 by 16cm at 600 dpi. I just opened in new window as I do by default, then view in large (clicked magnifying glass) and being on a Mac, rather than Save As, I just dragged it to my desktop. Nice one thanks :thumbup: I agree, It is a shame it's not in colour as it makes it more easy to trace the wires. Unfortunately., Wicky's is not the best of quality. Dirt and fingerprints aside, the haynes print is bad and does not show the diagram that clearly.

And yes this is the biggest, cleanest and clearest FREE UK spec wiring diagram online

We should have a separate Electrics section in the forum outside of workshop and this could be the first Sticky. A mechanical workshop and an electrical workshop :idea:

Nice One :thumbup: this will be handy when it comes to me stripping the alarm out. All I need now is an A3 or bigger printer. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

Where abouts are you Carl, and what alarm have you got?
I've just stuck an alarm on mine, so I'm on first name terms with most of the wiring... Plus I have the engineers fitting instructions and diagrams for a couple of models. (Obviously don't want to post those publicly).
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The alarm I got is an old meta 351, but I only have one key fob, no pin and just know something is going to go wrong with it one day and leave me stranded. It's just one of those thing's I will get round to one day, either remove or upgrade it. I have been considering this as a direct replacement. http://abacuscaralarms.co.uk/alarmshop/ ... ductId=405 at least I will have two fobs and a pin to bypass and disable if needs be. It wont leave me stranded with an immobilizer I can't disable/bypass then.

Last edited by VTRDark on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

A direct replacement certainly makes the wiring easier!

The one I've just fitted was the DataTool S4 C1 (red). 14 connections into the loom! Some of them were optional, but whilst I had the loom in bits I rather went for it! http://www.bikersdiscountstore.co.uk/se ... -pd-12.php. This is supposed to be a engineer only fit, but I have the secret book of words to save me £200 and give me the peace of mind that I know it's fitted well and I know where it is wired! :wink:

Is there not a pin function on the original one you have? There may be a way of setting it. I know with mine that you can reprogram the pin as long as you can disarm it with a fob, which you can currently do. I'll see if I can find the installer manual for it. It might even be in your user manual (if you still have it).
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No I have looked into it. The only option is to send it back to OM and have engineers reset the whole alarm which costs more than buying a new one :lol:

Thanks anyway mate. :thumbup:

tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

I haven't managed to find the engineers manual for yours yet... Still looking though!

The direct swap and replace model certainly looks tempting!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Adding another diagram here. Unfortunately it is not high Resolution but is handy as it is in colour.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Here's a US version of above.