Bilt-Hamber Surfex HD

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
SmileyVTR

Bilt-Hamber Surfex HD

Post by SmileyVTR »

Got a lovely 98 Storm that's been really well looked after BUT once you get behind covers and look in the detail you know how much accumulated cr@p there can be...and I wanted to give the gal some TLC.

Read some good reviews on here and then in the wider internet and so bought some Surfex.
bought a pair of Poundland plant water sprayers, 1 for Surfex and 1 for water to rinse.
And some toothbrushes for scrubbing. Bingo!

Left some REALLY grim bits to soak while heavy but light grime was quickly removed with little effort.

VTRDark

Re: Bilt-Hamber Surfex HD

Post by VTRDark »

Congratualtions you have just discoverd some magical stuff. I swear by a a bit of Surfex it's incredible stuff. Just be careful of it's potency. 50/50 mix is a strong mix and never ever spray it onto a hot engine casing or it can leave a White residue that is incredably difficult to remove, the same with leaving to soak for too long. I use a 60/40 or even 70/30 the higher number being water for my general strong mix. I very rarely spray a neat mix on anything. If I'm cleaning something like thick grease from behind the front sprocket cover I may use a slighlty stonger mix to get rid of the worst. It can be watered down to about 90% and still work as a genral surface cleaner, work surface, wiping tools down or something. I have used on thick grease, paving slabs, carpet and as a weak solution to remove wax and any previous coatings or bugs on paintwork. Iv'e even used it to wash my greasy hands. I'm sure helps break up any grease down the kitchen plug hole :lol: Actually Iv'e even used it to clean the kitchen sink. Be careful of it's use on plastics too especially Black plastics. Make sure it's a weak solution if you do. What it doesn't like is being applied to hot surfaces.

A stiff brush like the following is handy for getting in and agitating areas to help break up the grease. Fantastic on engine casing's, shock spring / linkages, wheels etc. Even after fitting CCT's and there is loads of overspill of silicone or gasket sealant once all tightend up, a little spray of Surfex and off it comes.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replica-Atla ... Sw-H1a-WwK

Eco-friendly and supporting British trade too :thumbup: The guys at Bilt Hamber are really helpful if you have any questions about ther products.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Mauser5826

Post by Mauser5826 »

Surfex? Have to look into that, nice one :thumbup:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I just ordered a 1 litre tester, I'll try it on the drive and maybe on the bike around the chain.

I usually use Gunk as a comparison, not the eco friendly tree hugging one, but the one that works.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

been using it for years, bloody great stuff. don't use it neat tho, carlos will tell you what happens if you do.... :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 pm been using it for years, bloody great stuff. don't use it neat tho, carlos will tell you what happens if you do.... :eek2
No worries there, I don't do anything neat.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

agentpineapple wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 pm been using it for years, bloody great stuff. don't use it neat tho, carlos will tell you what happens if you do.... :eek2
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:17 pm
Only malt whisky me.

Interesting stuff - do they do it in Halfords?

What did you think of it Tony?
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No it's too good for Halfords :lol: You can get it online at the majority of detailing sites or via eBay or simply go direct to Bilt Hamber https://www.bilthamber.com/car-cleaning ... /surfex-hd
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

:thumbup: cheers Carl - if it's good for you then it's more than good enough for me is what I always think
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

it's was Chric that first put me onto Bilt products and I havent looked back since. They have one many awards for lots of their products and well deserved too.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Seemed to work on the chain area OK.
It's the oily puddle under me car that I want to see it shift...
sniffipn

Post by sniffipn »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:46 pm
It's the oily puddle under me car that I want to see it shift...
on concrete, tarmac, or block paving?
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Think I'll be a convert, too. Never heard of it before. Sounds like a great complement to my 'OCD' kit! :D