Fast red un full refurb

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Wicky

Fast red un full refurb

Post by Wicky »

:cool2
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Fast red un full refurb

Post by sirch345 »

Good find Wicky :clap:
Interesting to see how they did things back then. The pump screwdrivers made me smile (as that's what I started off with in the building trade), no compressed air or cordless tools back then :)
I like the way they masked up the windows on the buses ready for re-spraying, and the way they separated the body from the chassis of each bus ready for refurbishment.

A lot of people employed there too, but all gone now,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I miss the old Routemasters. The freedom to jump on and off was fanstastic, not being forced and imprisoned to sit in a traffic jam untill the next stop. They where really energy efficient too as you could hold onto them if riding a cycle.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

god i remember as a kid getting onto those :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

It's the 2p bus fare I miss... :lol:

Good vid, love the 50's style of H&S...flat cap & tweeds...

Only PPE in sight was the grinder & the sprayers with dust masks on... :lol: But there all suffering with lung problems now or worse... :thumbdown:

Poor Pete will have a cardiac if he watches that...

Did anyone else notice the compleat lack of litter anywhere ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mags@port

Post by mags@port »

Agree, so clean, every one had their own workstation and own job, no one did someone's else's job, they just waited, fags in mouth and silly over coats, the gaffers always in different colour over coats. Brill
Break it, mend it, mod it, thrash it. If it's made then it's bettered by beer and goggles. Me bikes had Kwak ZZR, Suzuki TL1000s, Yama R1, Aprilia RSV. Now have VTR, Honda CB750 hand built brat/trickster, Yama XS750 and wee old Vespa.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

mags@port wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:28 am Agree, so clean, every one had their own workstation and own job, no one did someone's else's job, they just waited, fags in mouth and silly over coats, the gaffers always in different colour over coats. Brill
VTR Workshops Days with the long tea breaks carry on that great British tradition... :lol:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Org

Post by Org »

Awesome video, my youngest lad worked at Cummins and was amazed at the way things used to be done, he's been brought up in the nanny state with health and safety drummed into him