From 107 to 128

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
freeridenick

Re: From 107 to 128

Post by freeridenick »

Alu front subframe starting to take shape. It was meant to be a Spondon copy but didn't have anything to bend the right radius, so it's a little big-boned. I need to finish the welding, add a couple of braces and something to mount the tacho warning lights and temp gauge in.
Attachments
DSC_6112.JPG
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that still looks pretty tidy Nick ... good top see you putting the welding course to good use. what welder did you buy?
AMcQ
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:50 pm that still looks pretty tidy Nick ... good top see you putting the welding course to good use. what welder did you buy?
I haven't yet Al. I got this far on another course - aluminium welding and fabrication. Handily I also learned how to stretch and shrink metal. I'm going to end up buying an ACDC TIG welder, I just know it.
Attachments
DSC_6114.JPG
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I bought a lightweight fairing frame a while ago off E bay. If you want some pics I can take some for you.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:34 pm I bought a lightweight fairing frame a while ago off E bay. If you want some pics I can take some for you.
Yes please Kev. The more info the better.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Give me a minute....
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Here’s a few. Let me know if there’s anything specific you want -

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Magic Kev. Thanks. :thumbup:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I took it out of winter hibernation at the weekend. Sorted all the bent bits, filled it with fluids and fitted a new toy - quick shifter. If I hold my breath, cross my fingers and say there's no place like Donington enough time I hope to be testing it out on Saturday.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 pm I took it out of winter hibernation at the weekend. Sorted all the bent bits, filled it with fluids and fitted a new toy - quick shifter. If I hold my breath, cross my fingers and say there's no place like Donington enough time I hope to be testing it out on Saturday.
:lol: :lol: id say your gona love it, that throwing gears at it between 3 and 8 is a lovely thing with the shifter. and very loud lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

is the track day still on? no overtaking though as it will contravene the 2m social distancing rule :lol:
AMcQ
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:35 pm is the track day still on? no overtaking though as it will contravene the 2m social distancing rule :lol:
As of today yes. MSVT have said they are keeping tracks open using a few extra procedures. As of tomorrow? I have no idea but I'm not hopeful. Anglesey has shut on request of the local government so with school closures and a lock down likely any day the writing is in the wall.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

It's dead, I've killed it.

A weekend at Cadwell had me nearly punted off by a guy who ran into the back of me then home for an early bath after the motor let go coming out of Park. It sounded horrible so up went my hand and I pulled of. Nothing obvious, like holes in the cases, but it wouldn't move in gear even with the clutch in. It'd move in neutral though. A couple of prods of the starter showed it's jammed up quite badly so it seems fairly terminal. I'm not sure I can face it yet but at some point soon it's going to be in tiny pieces, again.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

freeridenick wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 am It's dead, I've killed it.

. . . I'm not sure I can face it yet but at some point soon it's going to be in tiny pieces, again.
Mac will buy it!! :lol: :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

freeridenick wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 am It's dead, I've killed it.

A weekend at Cadwell had me nearly punted off by a guy who ran into the back of me then home for an early bath after the motor let go coming out of Park. It sounded horrible so up went my hand and I pulled of. Nothing obvious, like holes in the cases, but it wouldn't move in gear even with the clutch in. It'd move in neutral though. A couple of prods of the starter showed it's jammed up quite badly so it seems fairly terminal. I'm not sure I can face it yet but at some point soon it's going to be in tiny pieces, again.
Clutch problem?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.