Project Varatrackerstorm or Firetrackerdero.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Project Varatrackerstorm or Firetrackerdero.

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:38 pm
Yeah Chris, I was really grateful of the help I had with the wiring. Sometimes you just can't see the wood for the trees & this was a prime example. The wiring loom now runs down the inside of the rear cylinder & does a nice tidy loop between the cylinders where all the connections are plugged in unmodified. In fact it's such a good fit you'd swear it was a professional one off loom. Then it runs under the manifold & heads off under the right lower frame to the headstock.
I find just discussing a situation like yours (re: the wiring harness placing) with a friend or two can even conjure up idea's in your own mind that you hadn't been able to until that discussion. Regardless of however which way you got there, it certainly looks a neat and tidy job, factory looking even :thumbup:
Varastorm wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:38 pm I've left the wiring at the headstock for the moment & won't focus on that till I finish the box & the fitting of the electronics. Which I feel I'm getting quite close to now.

No, there's no timescale Chris, but I'm bloody dying to prod the starter button & just hear it turn over hopefully that will inject a huge dose of motivation & more progress :thumbup:
The only reason I thought you might have put a timescale on it was:-

(1) The Turnip plan :lol:

(2) The rate of knots you've been going since the wiring loom problem has been sorted :wink:

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Go on you know to want to...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:03 pm The only reason I thought you might have put a timescale on it was:-

(1) The Turnip plan

(2) The rate of knots you've been going since the wiring loom problem has been sorted

Chris.
The main reason for the big push Chris is that work is on the horizon again :roll: & sorting that wiring & box has given me a lot more enthusiasm as well :thumbup:

Today I've been making/attempting to make a sheet/strip metal bender. What a faf, not many pictures as I struggled with this one & it's still not finished..

It's to bend up a battery box or frame which will (hopefully) support the solenoid, cdi & ignitor as well. Aluminium is the preferred material but it might be steel or even stainless. Not too sure yet weather it'll be a sheet box or a cage from strips, well see how it goes.

The bender's been made from scrap pieces from the off cut bucket. It's only small, but sturdy, so might/hopefully bend thick'ish stuff. Thats if it even works :lol: If it does work, another bigger version will be made.
Wicky wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:24 pm Go on you know to want to...
Nice Wicky, but come on, it's no Turnip Eater :lol: :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Varastorm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:21 am The main reason for the big push Chris is that work is on the horizon again :roll: & sorting that wiring & box has given me a lot more enthusiasm as well :thumbup:
That makes good sense to me :thumbup:
Varastorm wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:21 am Today I've been making/attempting to make a sheet/strip metal bender. What a faf, not many pictures as I struggled with this one & it's still not finished..

It's to bend up a battery box or frame which will (hopefully) support the solenoid, cdi & ignitor as well. Aluminium is the preferred material but it might be steel or even stainless. Not too sure yet weather it'll be a sheet box or a cage from strips, well see how it goes.

The bender's been made from scrap pieces from the off cut bucket. It's only small, but sturdy, so might/hopefully bend thick'ish stuff. Thats if it even works :lol: If it does work, another bigger version will be made.
I'm sure you'll give the sheet/strip metal bender a good go :D

Chris.

PS. Out of interest where does the Turnip Eater name originate from :?:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

I was busy making a sheet/strip/piece bender yesterday, it's only small as it was made from off cuts from the scrap bucket.

If it works I might make another bigger version.

Here's some pictures.

Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

First project with the sheet bender is the battery box.

Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

More faf with the box that broke me.

Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Even more faf..

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

top class, i enjoy watching you make the crazy sh1t to make crazy sh1t :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

love it .... you should start a youtube channel for your builds, I would watch it.

I see you are a fan of CAD for your fabrication work [CAD=Cardboard aided Engineering]
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:26 am top class, i enjoy watching you make the crazy sh1t to make crazy sh1t :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said :lol:

I'm well impressed with your metal bender, brilliant job 8) well done :clap:

A great job with the battery box and mounting plates for the other electrical items :D

Thanks for posting the photo's :thumbup:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Wow you made you own sheet bender. I was wondering what you was doing when I saw the hinges. I thought that was the battery box you was making and thought it must be a bloody big battery LOL
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:58 am Wow you made you own sheet bender. I was wondering what you was doing when I saw the hinges. I thought that was the battery box you was making and thought it must be a bloody big battery LOL
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Cheers guys :thumbup: & Carl :roll: :lol: :wave:

This battery box effort broke me, but I've just finished it :D

Here's yesterday's pictures warts & all I nearly lost it at one stage & had to pile in the filler rod to cool the piece down, hence the grotesque weld on the front edge..

Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

The last bracket, I was out of ides with this one. If It's no good I'll change it later :thumbup: